1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Marshall Jackhammer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by parrott, Oct 24, 2002.

1. I tried one of these today, and I really liked the sounds from it - huge with just a touch of sweet distortion coming in, to really thin distortion, and so on.

Really I'm looking for the sound of a Big Muff Pi without paying so much.......... and this pedal gets near to it.

Has anybody else tried these?
    Does anybody know anything about these that I should know?

2. Get the Muff, if you play with it, you can get SO many sounds out of it. Plus, NOTHING beats it *IMO* as far as guitar effects go. There are better bass distortions out there, but not for $90, and a lot less used.

3. actually, i disagree (everyone will think i'm nuts). I tried both of them together, for a good half an hour, and i was able to recreate all the big muff sounds on the marshall, as well as get a load of different sounds. the thing I liked the best about the marshall was that it didn't loose my low end. the big muff caused all the low end from my bass to just dissapear, i ended up sounding like a crazy guitar/bass hybrid with no low end.

I prefer the jackhammer.