1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Marshall MBC 810

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by undead_menace, Feb 26, 2013.

1. undead_menace

undead_menace

Feb 26, 2013
    Ireland
    Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I'm wondering if anyone on here has any real experience of Marshalls MBC 810 cabinet.
    There's not a whole lot of information about this cab online.
    I have the opportunity to pick one up relatively cheap locally, but I'm just not sure.
    I would be using the cab with an Orange terror bass 500, has anyone else used this configuration?
    I'm currently using it with a Behringer BB410, which I know seems to be the ultimate crime on here, but I've been using this Behringer cab for about 4 or 5 years with no problems whatsoever. It is simply time for an upgrade.
    I was looking at an Ampeg 410 HLF as well, but they're a bit pricy for me at the moment.

2. undead_menace

undead_menace

Feb 26, 2013
    Ireland
    nobody?????

3. jastacey

jastacey

Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    I never played the Marshall 810, heard them once or twice pretty generic sounding cab, kinda like the Peavey TVX 810, the Ampeg 410HLF is a very dark, boomy sounding cabinet, your Behringer is a better sounding cabinet, than the HLF .. IMHO ....with any 810 cabinet, make sure you have the transportation issue figured out

4. undead_menace

undead_menace

Feb 26, 2013
    Ireland

Thanks for the input. I would have thought it was heresy to admit such things on here, but I have to agree that the Behringer 410 actually sounds pretty damn good with the bass terror head. I just fancy a change more than anything else I suppose.
    The only other cab I've used with the terror is an ampeg 410HE, and it sounded quite weak and tinny to me, which is why I was considering the HLF, but dark and boomy doesn't sound particularly tempting to me either.
    I know nothing about the marshall mbc810 really, I had assumed it wouldn't be anything special considering the price price though.

5. undead_menace

undead_menace

Feb 26, 2013
    Ireland
    Ended up getting a USA Ampeg SVT 810E. What an amazing cabinet...