Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marshall Mini Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cap, Sep 4, 2001.

1. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    OK.......i was thinking bout buying a Marshall Mini Cab that i saw at sam ash and i was wondering how does it sound.....is it worth it.......is it loud enough for small gigs?
    :confused:

thanks

2. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    I'm not sure what you mean, but if you mean the 'Micro Stack': no, this will not make sense. It's a 1Watt battery powered guitar amp, much too weak for bass.

Matthias

3. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Matthias, you are probably referring to the Marshall Mini-Amp - it's a headphone amp powered by a 9v battery:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ex/shop?pid=482812&sourceid=00104711734095815881

I'm fairly sure cap is referring to something else - do you mean the Marshall Mini-Stacks?

Picture: http://www.chrisguitars.com/marsh-vs-mini.jpg

This is a review from Harmony Central for the Marshall 3005 Mini Stack (it may or may not be what you mean):

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Marshall/3005_Mini_Stack-01.html

4. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
  5. Bass Guitar

Aug 13, 2001
    You're more than welcome! :) How's Hawaii? I am thinking of visiting there with my wife early next year...

6. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Ah, I see.
    But even a 12W guitar practice amp is still too weak for gigging with a bass and there is high risk that you will blow it sooner or later.
    You should IMO look for a bass amp instead; for more information on small and cheap amps check out the recent threads about practice amps!
    If you are looking for a cab only, the SWR Workingman 110-T might be interesting for you.
    But before I make any further assumptions, it's maybe better if you tell us what you are actually looking for ;)

BassGuitar:
    The micro stack (MS-2, MS-4) I referred to and which is shown in the first pic you provided is not only a headphone amp, it 'really' plays, I've seen and heard that.

Matthias

7. Bass Guitar

Aug 13, 2001
    You are right. I assumed that it was just a headphone amp because it can be strapped to your belt and uses a 9v battery. Still, you would only use it for practice really...

8. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Sure.
    Or you hook up a full stack at the line out and hide it behind a curtain, then everybody will be amazed what this tiny amp puts out.... :D:D:D

Matthias

9. Bass Guitar

Aug 13, 2001
    LOL! :D That's like a magic trick! Don't tell David Copperfield!

10. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    If you have ever been to the Gold Coast its like that....an extremely touristy place.....but other than that.....its great.....:cool: