1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Marshall strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by redname, Jun 10, 2011.

1. redname

redname

Apr 30, 2010
    Hi,
    I'm sure most of us heard of Marshall amps but how about bass strings?

Saw them in one my my local shops and the owner tld me they are manufactured by Ernie ball. Got a pack cause it's pretty cheap from where I came from.

Anyone used these b4?

2. dunno bout marshall but ive got a set of trace elliot strings on one of my basses. they sound alright i guess

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Interesting. And I'd say they are definitely made by Ernie Ball. Same identical packaging!

t350_35e4d168875596b5a195d527e1ece46d.

4. redname

redname

Apr 30, 2010
    hhhmmmm, after viewing the price the bass strings are priced at in their online store, i'm quite suprised i got it so cheap from my local store

5. john grey

john grey

Apr 19, 2011
    Oracle, Arizona
    Marshall sold their name to a lot of mfg efforts. Different amp companies, strings, effects, you name it. I somewhat doubt they diversified as much as sold the name. That doesn't mean the products are crap by any means; it simply means that the cost may be in fluctuation depending on retail vendor.