1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Marshall The Guv'nor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by masprague, May 30, 2007.

1. masprague

masprague

May 6, 2007
    hey all,

I plan on building one of these for bass use.

Are these pedals really that good for bass?

Does anyone have some sound clips?

thanks

Matt

2. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    The original one is supposedly really good with bass. The newer version, not so much.

3. I get some fine tones out of the new one as well, never compared it to an original though. What schematics are you building it from?

4. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    I have the older version and it rapes your low end. I bought the pedal on a whim and I was confused by some posts say it held the low end fine. Don't believe everything you hear on the internet. :D

5. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Thank you for correcting me. Your info is certainly more hands-on than mine. :)

6. Soma666

Soma666

Aug 27, 2006
    nice clips niftydog. was that the old one or the new version? im guessing hte old one coz it sounds like mine that i got the other day...

7. yup, old, like me... :(

8. 3NotesAbar

3NotesAbar

Jul 3, 2005
    Singapore
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021