Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marshall User Handbook

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by alex sykes, Sep 3, 2005.

1. alex sykes

alex sykes

Sep 3, 2005
    I’ve recently bought a used Bass Amplifier which came without a user handbook. So far, I’m impressed with the amp but, so that I can get the best out of it, I would appreciate some further detail of user settings etc. I’ve looked for it on the Marshall website, but haven’t been able to locate anything yet.

The amp appears to be about 20 years old, is marked ‘200W Integrated Bass System' and has the Serial Number 05610. If any of you are able to supply me with any further details or links to them, I would be most grateful. Unfortunately, as I’m based in Saudi Arabia, it’s not really easy to ‘pop round the corner’ to my local dealer.

2. jazzblade

jazzblade

Jun 21, 2005
    Northern Cal
  3. alex sykes

alex sykes

Sep 3, 2005
    Thanks, jazzblade - I'll also investigate the links you sent. More info...

Solid state, 15" speaker, rotary controls from L->R
    Sensitivity (0 - +) - Contour(40-100) - 50 - 400 - 1K - 5k - 10k for the eq (all marked - 0 - +)
    then output controls L->R
    Boost (0 +) - x-over (100Hz - 1k) - Treble Volume (0 - +) - Bass Volume (0 - +)

There's a single input and a jack for a boost footswitch also on the front plate. At the rear, there's an in/out for an effects loop and Treble/bass outputs for a bi-amp setup.

So many settings to choose from... yet I can't find a really nice one. Been using an Ashdown amp for the summer with a Fender USA Jazz de Luxe and a Tokai Jazz Sound and been getting beautiful warm jazz sounds. Now, I'm back in Jeddah I've got a huge range, but nothing I really like.

Thanks again.