Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

marshall vba stack or ampeg

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mike Dirnt 2002, Aug 2, 2002.

1. im looking for a stack as a first stack, im in a band with marshall stacks already for guitarists. so i was wondering whats worthwhile getting, the marshall vba 400 with 8x10 stack or an ampeg if i can find a decent shop in the uk for 1??? any help?
    we play punk in the band so which will suit a more trebally tone? :confused:

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    well i hope u have alot of cash. That being said the ampeg will blow the marshall out of the water. You should also think about maybe getting 2 4x10s instead of an 8x10, your back will thank you. Few amatuers can get away with 8x10's unless u have a really big car, or alot of friends to help you carry it. Also, ampeg is an american company, so i would not even begin to guess how much a good ampeg stack would be in england.

3. Interesting. I didn't think people went in for stacks these days.

These's been a Marshall bass head + 2 speaker boxes at a local dealer for about a year now. They've not had as much as a sniff according to the sales guy.

I'm also of the 'smaller is prefered' school.

John

4. i think i will probably look for a ampeg then as the marshall is to heavy and will probably go for a 4 x10 cab not the 8x10, any body no a good place in the uk for ampeg and als which is a good set up for about 1500:confused: