Marshall VBA400 tube bass head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wounded Paw, May 21, 2003.

1. So, anyone use one of these. It's being supplied as part of the backline for a showcase at NxNE I'm playing in a cupla weeks. I've never even heard of this head before but from the brief specs at the Marshall site it sounds interesting. 8 6550 power tubes, ECC83 and ECC82 preamp tubes, 400 watts of power.
    The question is do I assume I can get a good tone from this amp or do I lug my old SVT to the show instead.
  2. Since noone seems to know anything about this amp I guess I'll have to report back here after that show and give you my impressions of it.
  3. Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    Yes, please do. There has been a lot of curiousity about that head but no actual hands-on experience.
  4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    i have tried one of these at a local music shop. it was brand new with a matching Marshall 8x10 bass cabinet. it sounded good, but it didn't relly do it for me. i don't really like marshall bass stuff, but their guitar stuff rox. Good luck with it.

P.S. i would bring your SVT just in case you're like me and your a hardcore Ampeg guy.