Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marshall VBA400 tube bass head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wounded Paw, May 21, 2003.

1. So, anyone use one of these. It's being supplied as part of the backline for a showcase at NxNE I'm playing in a cupla weeks. I've never even heard of this head before but from the brief specs at the Marshall site it sounds interesting. 8 6550 power tubes, ECC83 and ECC82 preamp tubes, 400 watts of power.
    The question is do I assume I can get a good tone from this amp or do I lug my old SVT to the show instead.

2. Since noone seems to know anything about this amp I guess I'll have to report back here after that show and give you my impressions of it.

3. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    Yes, please do. There has been a lot of curiousity about that head but no actual hands-on experience.

4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    i have tried one of these at a local music shop. it was brand new with a matching Marshall 8x10 bass cabinet. it sounded good, but it didn't relly do it for me. i don't really like marshall bass stuff, but their guitar stuff rox. Good luck with it.

P.S. i would bring your SVT just in case you're like me and your a hardcore Ampeg guy.