Marta Altesa

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Skygoneblue, Mar 29, 2013.

1. blue4

blue4

Feb 3, 2013
    St. Louis area

That's too bad she's quit playing. I enjoyed her videos. All I can say is that life is no better here on the ugly side of the fence either. So she might as well keep playing.

Geri O likes this.
  2. Geri O

Geri O Endorsing Artist, Mike Lull Guitars and Basses Gold Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
    Dude...

Words to live by, no matter who you are. That was great!

I think she's still playing, but she's stopped going to trade shows and bass gatherings, as well as gigging out. I wish I could find that article so I could stop being so vague...

3. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    I'd definitely like to read it if you can find it.

4. bass nitro

bass nitro

Feb 21, 2011
    BG,SZ
    Well,if that is the real point of her,i will agree with-no questioning,but do you believe this is the best way to prove yourself like musician or would be the one to share your attempts to make your own music to ( even if it does sounds in really amateur kind of way)?
    It would be very interesting to see her not showing her face etc.,just hands playing and see how many views she would has?I bet they would be way-way little.My click on her video was to see that good-locking girl playing bass.I am not shame of that,she plays very well,but what it is counts according to me IMO is if you play your own stuffs,music etc. instead of covers or not,it does not matter if your are very good or not.No offense to anyone,just my opinion.
    The video below inspiring me much more:

5. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
    It's a new world out there.
    I grew up by playing cover songs, later, re-arranging :thumbsup: those cover songs, and later, just playing my own stuff.:bassist:
    I always though that MUSIC or my bass articulation, my bass lines were the SHORTEST and the FASTEST way of expressing myself as an INDIVIDUAL. I would not use the word, "prove" while I was playing the bass. I just LOVED IT and enjoyed almost every minute of it.
    Yes, it WAS a different and very CREATIVE way of making MUSIC as a product of HUMAN BEINGS, human interactions, not the computers, software, but...
    It's a new world now with a completely different BUSINESS environment.

MARKETING giants like google's youtube they don't care about your bass notes - they care about the clicks and subscriptions, and MONEY they can make off it.
    What's more, MAKING MONEY with youtube is VERY VERY infectious!!!

Just read the posts in this particular thread and count how many TB members are almost crying to get Marta back on 'youtube".
    They don't care if it is ONLY VIRTUAL REALITY (otherwise known as FAKE) that has NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING to do with LIVE performance with the BAND, or even recording the same bass-line in the studio under the STRICT eyes of the producer, arranger, singer, etc...

Creating a NEW BASS-LINE that serves the song and makes other musicians to copy your bass-line - it's a whole new deal.

6. arbiterusa

arbiterusa

Sep 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    I'd normally be inclined to disagree with you, but...my little brother decided he wanted to play guitar about a year after I started playing bass. We got him one. I showed him my four cowboy chords and that's all I had. Within six weeks he was in my band. Within one year he was absolutely "pro gig worthy", could sight-read music, and had entered a classical program. Within three years he was winning every local competition, within another year after that his teacher had "fired" him as he'd run out of ability to teach him.

Now, time spent playing matters. Not because it's a measure of how good you are, but because it's a measure of how good you are at working with other musicians. I know if I haul a guy in with thirty years experience he's either going to show himself as an insufferable jackhole within one practice, or he'll be someone who deals with details and prep like a pro.

But I'm never surprised when someone who's been playing for only a few years is stunningly good at it. I've seen it happen, and more than once. Some people are just talented.

ETA: kudos to whoever just posted that vid of Mohini Dey, that girl is freakin' great.

tindrum and jerry like this.
  7. Fabio_MIJ

Fabio_MIJ

Feb 3, 2016
    back home
    I also clicked to see how good-LOCKING she was.... with the drummer :D, indeed she was. I don't think she is trying to "prove" anything: she is offering a show, maybe a mix of music and sex-appeal, I don't see the problem... if you like you click again.

To me this is a show off of outstanding speed and coordination, I would not be capable to repeat that exercise. However, I don't find it very musical or inspiring. Again, another type of show offered.

1stnamebassist likes this.
  8. bass nitro

bass nitro

Feb 21, 2011
    BG,SZ
    Well,that is why music has very huge impact on us,you like one thing,i another one...so everything is ok,watch and listen to what do you like,everything else is irrelevant.

Fabio_MIJ likes this.
  9. bmac314

bmac314 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Louisiana
    Looks like she's posted 2 new YouTube videos within the past month. Maybe she's back for awhile.

10. TrentB

TrentB Supporting Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Orange County, Ca

Yep, she's back! Super groovy and sexy as hell!

11. consectaneus

consectaneus

Sep 23, 2016
    I discovered her some time ago. The sound of her videos are a cut above, coupled with some amazing facility. A real groove machine.

bmac314 likes this.
  12. bmac314

bmac314 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Louisiana
    I agree, I enjoy her videos. She's a great bassist!

13. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
    I've compared the notes, the feel, the dynamics, the articulation of the bass line created and played by Dirty Loops bass player with Marta's one from that song.
    At least, I can say that Marta IS playing the bass guitar, and I've heard her notes.
    And that's my comment.

bmac314 likes this.
  14. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Does anybody know if she actually went on stage and played with the band aside from a soundcheck? From what I can gather she was only taken out as a VIP guest. I have tried to find footage of her playing with the band but have had no luck.

15. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Yes I have.
    Check out the number of hits she has gotten on YouTube.
    A pretty girl always gets attention.

16. bassplayer2014

bassplayer2014 Inactive

Jun 7, 2014
    Arizona
    She"s a very talented musician, sounds wonderful with flawless musical delivery. Plus she very pretty.

Gabriel51 and bmac314 like this.
  17. She's extremely talented ( Imo). I can't get her version of Master Bolster out of my head. The tone & precision blew me away.

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021