1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Martin BCPA4 Acoustic Bass Guitar - $1079 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by blindrabbit, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Price:
    $1079
    Strings:
    This is a beautiful and barely used Martin BCPA4 acoustic bass that I recently received in a trade. In my current project, I don't have a need for one of these, so I'm going to move it on to someone who can use this gorgeous instrument in the way it was intended to be.

This bass is so new that it still has that "brand new" smell to it - the person I got it from had only owned it for a few months. The only issue that I want to bring attention to is that there are two spots of what is most likely belt-buckle rash on the back. I tried to capture them in a photo as best as possible, but they are tough to see. Let me know if you want any other photos of these spots. Other than these, the bass and the case it comes with are mint.

It plays very nicely, with a nice 1.58" width at the nut and 34" scale, and has an impressively deep voice. Spruce top, and beautifully figured sapele back and sides. It has built in Fishman electronics and a tuner, with nice simply volume and tone controls, and the jack (and battery compartment) located at the end pin.

$1079 USD via PayPal shipped in North America. I'll ship outside of North America, but we'll have to discuss shipping and costs through PMs first. If I'm shipping within Canada, you may be eligible for a discount. ;)

I *am* open to discussing offers and trades on this, but my strong preference is to get cash out of this deal, or at least a good amount of cash (so cash+trade options will be considered too). Feel free to run offers by me in PMs, I'll listen to almost anything, just don't be surprised if I say no or prove to be picky. Some things I'm open to include:

- Barefaced 2x12 cabinet, or other high quality and LIGHTWEIGHT (50lbs or less) 2x12s
    - Medium scale 4 string basses (preferably 33", although 32" may be acceptable as well), modern or vintage, with a particular interest in hollow bodies, and a very strong interest in ACG basses
    - Various pedals, including anything by COG Effects, ss/bs Buzzz, IE Polytope, and many more, don't hesitate to PM me with questions or offers
    - Pedaltrain PT-2 or PT-3 with *soft* case only please
    - MONO double gig bag
    - New/newish Macbook or Macbook Air

Things I'm *not* interested at all in include 5 or 6 string basses, short (30")/standard (34")/long (35"+) scale instruments, or amps heads or combos.

Thanks in advance for the offers!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    DrewM85 likes this.
  2. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Nebraska
    Great seller, buy with confidence!

blindrabbit likes this.
  3. Thanks man!

Just a reminder that I'm open to trades and offers on this one!

It is now listed on Reverb as well, but the better price is here on TB. :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    bassvirtuoso likes this.
  4. Updated potential trade interests

5. Open to offers on this one, always like moving things out over the weekend. Also remember - trades and partial trades are also good with me, see the list above or PM with questions. Thanks!

6. Slight price drop/adjustment to match my Reverb price drop. Buying here means shipping is included though!

7. Discussing some interesting trade options, but for now this is still on the market.

8. Kmose

Kmose

Feb 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Lakland, Aguilar
    pm'd

blindrabbit likes this.