1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Martin Keith Elfin 4-String, Beautiful and Light!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by baltodoc, Nov 8, 2018.

1. baltodoc

baltodoc Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    Price:
    $1750
    Strings:
    I'm having another severe attack of G.A.S so I may letting this beautiful Martin Keith Elfin 4-String go. Not only is it gorgeous, it plays effortlessly and the sound with the Aguilar pickups and Audere 4-band pre-amp is HUGE. It is my only 4-string left. I'm willing to sacrifice it if the bass I'm interested in remains available. Otherwise I will gladly keep it as my go to 4-string.
    The Elfin is a slightly-downsized take on the popular "Singlecut" style, originally pioneered by Fodera Guitars and Kenneth Lawrence.

This compact-bodied shape is shortened, for full access to all 24 frets. The shape 'hugs' the player and nestles into a very comfortable playing position, standing or seated.

The extended upper bout supports the neck heel further than a usual double-cutaway body, allowing more contact between body and neck, and making the neck more rigid by shortening the unsupported section. A more rigid neck translates into a faster, more responsive attack, longer sustain, and deeper bass. Gold fret wire and no inlays with katalox sap wood fretboard. I can get an exact weight, but I'm sure it is no more than 8 pounds.

Aguilar pickups. Comes with original bag. Pictures are courtesy of the previous owner,

$1750 SHIPPED to CONUS only. PayPal Accepted. No trades.

elfin1. elfin2. elfin3. elfin4.

mikewalker likes this.
  2. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    Scale length?

3. baltodoc

baltodoc Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    34"