Maruszczyk Basses Import Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by derekcbass, Jan 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. derekcbass

derekcbass

May 2, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Has anyone bought a bass from Maruszczyk Basses or any other German company and had it sent to the US? What were the customs fees/taxes like?

bassman74 likes this.
  2. derekcbass

derekcbass

May 2, 2011
    Wisconsin
    If only they had the model I was looking for... Thanks though.

3. Yep, it was very easy. I placed the order with Adrian directly via email, paid using TransferWise, and gave him my address. There was no hassle or any drama with importing and taxes. There was a point during shipping where he had to confirm the country of origin with FedEx by phone. To my knowledge there wasn't any additional charge for customs, so I'm assuming it was either built into the price of the bass or Maruszczyk just covered it. What I do know is that my bass was not more expensive than similar ones on their website, so if there was an import charge built in it wasn't much.

Edit: There was a customs charge after all. The bill came like 2 months after the bass was delivered. It was $52.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Joe Murray and eastcoasteddie like this.
  4. slyb5

slyb5 Supporting Member

5. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I ordered two of my Sires from Thomann.de and I forget what the customs fees were, but they weren't too terrible, or I'd remember them.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 20, 2021