SOLD Maruszczyk C3PU 5 string with series/parallel coil tap and case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by scubaduba, Jun 19, 2020.

1. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Price:
    Strings:
    Here is a beautiful Maruszczyk C3PU 5 string in vintage white with pearloid pickguard.

Like Jazz basses and Precision basses? With the C3PU you pretty much have it all in one bass!

I've always been curious about these and so I jumped on this one when it recently became available. It doesn't disappoint. Maruszczyk basses are a phenomenal value. The build quality is outstanding with quality parts all the way around. The headstock is angled backward to avoid unnecessary string trees. This bass nails the more vintage flavor. Unfortunately, that's just not me. As much as I think this is such an unique instrument it is just not for me so I am making it available for sale or trade.

• This one is stocked with a set of Delano single coils and Delano split coil.
    • Volume knob for each individual pickup
    • Tone knob

But there are some unique upgrades on this one:
    • Pull up on the volume knob and the two single coils are placed in series for more beef
    • Pull up on the tone knob to elect 47 or 33 nF capacitor

You can dial in as much or little of each pickup as you want. Blend them in any way you want. Put the single coils in series for big punch. Super versatile for a passive instrument. No worry of battery failure on a gig. Flip between P or PJ or Jazz tone in the same gig.

Specs:
    • 34" scale
    • maple fingerboard
    • Alder body
    • 19mm string spacing at the bridge and 1.75" width at the nut
    • Weight is 9.4 lbs

Comes with a Maruszczyk gigbag. Bass and case are in excellent condition. The B string saddle is missing the little spring around the intonation screw which doesn't effect usability of the saddle. I received it this way. Plastic wrap is still on pickguard.

I can string it with Sadowsky Black Label Flats or set of Labella RX. Your choice.

IMG_6578.JPG

IMG_6471.JPG

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_7429.JPG

IMG_2483.JPG

IMG_8379.JPG

IMG_4016.JPG

IMG_7356.JPG

IMG_3691.JPG

$1050 shipped CONUS

Possibly open to trades for other 5 string basses. If you have a Broughton P-15, Retrospec Juicebox, Teegarden Fatbooy, or Sonicfarm tube DI I'd be especially interested in talking.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    friend33, bbh, Dark Horse and 2 others like this.
  2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Loooooooove......

scubaduba likes this.
  3. Charlie Tuna

Charlie Tuna

Feb 21, 2005
    Key West, FL
    That looks awesome, GLWTS.

scubaduba likes this.
  4. Brother Goose

Brother Goose The Process IS the Reward! Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    PM sent

5. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    Can you fill it with helium? Make it 7.5 lbs and 17.5 mm string spacing and that checks all my boxes

6. bbh

bbh Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Really nice.

scubaduba likes this.
  7. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Thank you.

8. whirledpeas

whirledpeas Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    That didn’t take long!

scubaduba likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021