No longer available Maruszczyk Elwood 5a-24

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tom Baker, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Tom Baker

Tom Baker

Feb 3, 2016
    Austin, TX
    Price:
    Strings:
    I know this bass has been posted here before, but what the heck. It is a nice bass and quite light. (exact weight coming soon). I know I don't have tons of feedback here but I have more on my reverb store and TBH I'm hoping to close that soon because of the fees they charge.

This is a really nice bass, with some mods that occured before I took possession of it.
    1. It seems to be semi blacked-out. purely aesthetic.
    2. Bartolini pickups where it probably started with delanos but I don't really know.
    3. Bass mods preamp. I don't know what was in it to start with. (18v 3/band)

It's great sounding bass with a nice wide 19mm string spacing. For me the string spacing is it's best feature but I like the sound ok also. I'm hanging up my gigging hat for the foreseeable future. Maybe in 2021 I'll pick it up again but for now there are other things I want to do.

It will come with the Maruszczyk gigbag and is strung with TI Jazz rounds. Super low tension on this thing right now.

The bass is in very good condition. A small ding on the neck, maybe one or two on the body but it's a matte finish over sandblasted style ash so...hard to tell anyway. It's a little neck-dive-y on the knee, less so on a strap. This thing needs a forever home and had it landed in my hands a decade ago I would have gigged the crap out of it.
    IMG_2922.jpg IMG_2923.jpg IMG_2924.jpg IMG_2925.jpg IMG_2926.jpg IMG_2927.jpg IMG_2928.jpg IMG_2929.jpg IMG_2930.jpg

2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    34" scale, or 35"? Thanks!

3. Tom Baker

Tom Baker

Feb 3, 2016
    Austin, TX

mikezimmerman likes this.
  4. Tom Baker

Tom Baker

Feb 3, 2016
    Austin, TX
    some sound demos:

skip ahead 30 sec on the second one...little dead air up front.

5. Tom Baker

Tom Baker

Feb 3, 2016
    Austin, TX
    OK, I would like to trade for an American something P-bass(without the J preferred / 7.25 radius strongly preferred) or AVRI Tele. The end is near, and there are few things I need but I really regret parting with my tele. I haven't owned a P since 1991. HMU

6. B-LOW

B-LOW

Mar 1, 2015
    Good guy to make a deal with. Deal with confidence.

Tom Baker likes this.
  7. Tom Baker

Tom Baker

Feb 3, 2016
    Austin, TX
    I'm keeping it, for now at least.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021