SOLD Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rmayer, Jul 6, 2017.

1. rmayer

rmayer Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Price:
    $1195.00
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    MARUSZCZYK ELWOOD L 4 FRETLESS- 33" Scale, Chambered Alder body w/ Flame Maple top, Hard Rock Maple neck w/ Rosewood board with fretlines. 21 fret equivalent, 1 1/2" nut width, 9 1/2' radius.
    Active/Passive 2 band Delano EQ, Bassculture 48HB4 pickup w/ 3 way switch for humbucking, series or single coil modes.
    Black Hipshot hardware and a natural (slight amber tint) satin finish round out this incredible instrument. And now, the weight. It's only 6lb 15.4oz on my digital scale. You'll play this for hours.
    Just back today from a setup w/ a new set of Sadowsky Nickel Flats, 40-100s. Very low, buzz free action. I'm also throwing in a set of D'Addario XL Tapewounds, 45-105s. It comes with a Maruszczyk leather strap (brand new, never used) and a Maruszczyk gig bag. I also had the Strap Loks installed today.
    This bass never left my air conditioned/smoke free home (except for the setup). I played it 2 or 3 times max.
    I got this (custom order) the end of March '17 and spend just under $1600. Get a deal on a great bass due to the fact that I just don't "get" fretless. For the 4th or 5th time.
    Here's a Youtube link to the passive version of this bass that made me order it. Spoiler Alert: It sounds even better with the Active option.

Asking $1195.00, including FedEx shipping to the 48 Continental U.S. States. I prefer Paypal. No Trades Please. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    revroy and Cheez like this.
  2. Amajew

Amajew Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2016
    These are really nice basses for the money. Nice straight necks, can get the action very low and my 5 string Hellwood b string is pretty tight. I have the Delano Active / passive single coils with the Delano preamp and they sound really good. They also work well with pedals too... If this was a 5 string fretted I would be interested in it. It's gotta be amazingly light cause my unchambered hellwood is pretty darn light.

good luck with the sale...

3. rmayer

rmayer Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Thanks Amajew, these are really great basses. They feel and sound like a more expensive bass, and the custom options are extensive. It is very light, at just under 7 pounds. If it was a fretted "4" I would be keeping it. To be honest, I'm considering contacting Adrian about the options and cost to convert to fretted.

4. rmayer

rmayer Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Boynton Beach, FL
    And sold, here of course.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 28, 2021