SOLD Maruszczyk Frog Beta 5 with FretFX LED's (Lots of pics)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BK bassist, Apr 18, 2018.

1. BK bassist

BK bassist Schroeder Cabinets endorsing artist Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Price:
    $1575
    Strings:
    Try as I might ... and I try waaaaay too often .... I just can't get into 5 string basses.

Since I already own and often gig with a very much loved 4 string Maruszczyk Frog, I figured I'd buy a 5 string Frog to hopefully motivate me into getting comfortable with a 5 string bass...but no such luck. I even debated stringing her E-C but then I decided to just stick with what I know best ... 4 string basses.

But my 5 string fumblings can now be your gain :smug: as I'm putting my absolutely beautiful Maruszczyk Frog Beta 5 up for sale.

She's really in exceptional condition, both looking and sounding. This bass has a very wide array of tonal options ... she can go from very deep and growly to super bright and punchy just by tweaking her settings. The action is low and fast and the neck is spot on straight. She's also super light weighing in at only 8.6 lbs.

As an added plus, this bass has been modded with "FretFX" illuminated fret markers as can be seen in the pics below, great for dark stages ... more info on FretFX can be found at the FretFX website. The red LED lights look awesome against the black ash body of this bass.

SPECS:
    Body: ash
    Neck: hard rock maple, matched headstock
    Fingerboard: padouk, 24 frets
    Nut width: 45mm
    Construction: set in
    Pickups: Bassculture in padouk covers with 2 mini switch (serial/single coil/parallel)
    Electronics: active 3-band Delano - volume (active/passive push/pull switch), balance, bass, middle, treble/passive tone blend
    Finish: black, body/neck matte
    Hardware: black, monorail bridge with 18mm string spacing
    FRETFX illuminated LED fret Markers
    Weight: 8.6 lbs
    incl. Maruszczyk branded Gigbag (One of the the sturdiest gigbags, I've ever seen)
    All the factory paperwork, tools and case candy will be included too

CONUS only, buyer pays shipping.

As much as I want to say this is FOR SALE ONLY / NO TRADE OFFERS PLEASE .... My chronic gas affliction never fully abades. So if you've got a really sweet, comparably priced 4 string you'd like to trade ... or a Fearless F215 cabinet, I'm listening :)

Thanks for taking the time to check her out!

IMG_2897.JPG IMG_2879.JPG IMG_2881.JPG IMG_2882.JPG IMG_2883.JPG IMG_2889.JPG IMG_2893.JPG IMG_2894.JPG IMG_2895.JPG IMG_2901.JPG IMG_2902.JPG IMG_2885.JPG IMG_2887.JPG IMG_2888.JPG

Attached Files:

lesclaypoolsob likes this.
  2. BK bassist

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    And here she is next to my 4 string Frog ...

d5f5e26c-1945-4e01-bbf1-4b3ffaf8c683-jpeg.jpg

3. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Scale length?

4. BK bassist

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    34"

5. Cutter8

Cutter8 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    String spacing at the bridge?

6. BK bassist

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    3/4"

7. jeffb28451

jeffb28451 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Leland NC
    I have your twin, but w/o the leds. Great bass. BassCultures and Delano is fantastic combination. Good luck w your sale. Adrian makes a fine product.

BK bassist likes this.
  8. eakap78

eakap78

Oct 23, 2004
    Wilmington NC
    Does your bass have the carbon rods in the neck?

9. jeffb28451

jeffb28451 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Leland NC
    Eakap78: I'd have to pull the build sheet, but I'm pretty sure it does: I haven't bought a "keeper" bass in a few years without graphite/cf neck reinforcements.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021