1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Maruszczyk Frog Omega 5a Headless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Zooberwerx, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Just turned 60 and gigging far-less-frequently than I'd like...certainly not enough to merit having a high-end bass collecting dust on a stand. Cash is king but I'd also consider trading-down for a more "budget conscious" 5 string and cash on your end. As I mentioned in another thread, I've never owned an Ibanez so that's at the top of my trade-bait list. I'll consider anything as I'm stupid that way.

This is a really nice Frog 5 headless that was featured at the 2017 NAMM show and, from what I've gathered, a great representation of Maruszczyk craftsmanship and stellar Delano electronics. It's in VG / excellent condition with a small blem on the body just below the neck / body joint. Here's the rest of the dope:

*34" scale set-in 3 piece maple neck, 24 frets, 18 mm string spacing.
    *Alder body with quilted maple cap. Transparent blue-burst finish, matte finish with some shiny spots from normal use.
    *ETS clamping headpiece & uni-body tuner assembly, not monorails. (3) Dunlop strap buttons.
    *Delano Xtender pups & Sonar 3 band harness (volume, blend, bass, mids, treble). Mini switches for series / single / parallel operation...that's the tone! This does not have the vintage roll-off when in passive mode.
    *Weight is somewhere between 8.5 - 9 lbs.
    *Original over-padded gig bag, no case.
    *It's hard to discern but I installed a "vase"-shaped mylar scratchplate between the pups to minimize thumb abrasion.

FrogFront.
    FrogBodyFront. FrogBack. FrogBodyBack.

Thanks for looking! PM for any questions, comments, offers, etc. FWIW, price includes shipping in the lower 48 and I'll install a new set of strings if desired.

Riis

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Rapisme, Sywannab, Spidey2112 and 2 others like this.
  2. cubanbass

cubanbass Gold Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    Wow, someone snag this- great deal on a beautiful instrument.

3. spectorbasslad

spectorbasslad

Oct 1, 2009
    Wow!! That is some bass !
    Wish I played 5ers .

4. SubNoizeRat3691

SubNoizeRat3691 Lovin' the lows

Feb 1, 2010
    Davenport, IA
    PM'ed

5. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Looks better in person...I'm no Ansel Adams. Comes with all the literature and hex keys for headpiece, bridge, & truss rod (dual acting).

Riis

6. Neck-thru

Neck-thru Supporting Member

May 1, 2016
    Seattle
    PM'd

7. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Very nice, Riis!

Zooberwerx likes this.
  8. TonyRo

TonyRo Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Cleveland, OH
    I can speak from experience that Maruszczyk headless frogs play wonderfully. One of my favorite basses that I've ever owned!

9. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    That’s just Wicked Riis!!

Zooberwerx likes this.