Mary Had A Little Lamb

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by jljohnson85, Jan 16, 2002.

1. jljohnson85

Nov 27, 2000
    Woodstock, GA
    Today in chemistry, my teacher was telling us about a physics professor or some other type of scientist that was also a good composer. He said that the professor had a physics journal with two songs in it. The first was called "This is not mary had a little lamb". The second song was called "This is not mary had a little lamb either" Neither of the songs when played alone sounded like Mary Had A Little Lamb, but when played together it sounded exactly like it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Does anyone know how to play it? GoT NE TaBZ?!?!:p
  2. ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    reminds me of something i saw on tv a few days ago.

theres this aussie guitar!st (tommy emmanuel) and him and his brother (phil emmanuel) when they were kids never went to school on a wednesday. the principal called them up to his office so they could explain the note their mother wrote to cover their absence, the note said they couldnt come to school cause they were having a music lesson. so the principal asks them what they were learning (the principal didnt like these kids at all and was out to get them) they responded gu!tar. the principal says "well i got me a guitar right here (reaches behind and grabs gu!tar) so you play me what you been learning" real smart a$$ principal this guy was.

so tommy took the guitar and played "yankee doodle" and a chet atkins song at the same time. on the bass strings, E and A, for yankee doodle and about 5th fret high E string doing a little solo from a chet atkins tune. :D

2 songs, real different sounding and all and this kid, he was about 13 i think when it happened, played them simultaneously on the one guitar, amazing.

they never needed to explain their absence to the principal again.
  3. chrisbs

Jan 12, 2002
    weird, a lot of composers played musical "games" in pieces.
    Mozart wrote a few palindrome pieces, where they are exactly the same played forward or backwards.
  4. Was it just alternating notes or two different notes that are over dubbebed to make the appropriate chords. eg
    track 1: c f# a
    track 2: g b e
    total effect: c b a
    or was it some ting else completely