Maryland/DC Bassists Club!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by stambroker, Oct 31, 2011.

1. JCheung

JCheung

Jan 25, 2013
    Herndon, VA
    I'm game for a gtg now that I have a respectable rig and free time

2. geddy402

geddy402

Jul 20, 2012

Cool thanks! I think I would be down for a gtg. Are all you guys around Baltimore or spread out?

3. Hamlet7768

Hamlet7768 Here to chew gum and rock. Still have gum.

Jun 5, 2011
    I'd love to do a gtg.

4. I'm offering up my warehouse again. Any given weekend, I can potentially make Saturday or Sunday work...

I guess we can give some time for folks to post interest and then start looking at dates.

5. Thanks, Moe! Yeah, I just did it a few weeks back with some friends, and it's even a fun place at happy hour.

6. I'm game, but have an ever changing and evolving schedule..plan what's best for everyone and I will do my best to be there

7. Full band acoustic?? Those are fun!

8. Hello TB'ers in the DC area!

Rick from "Happy the Man" here - an old timer from the Cellar Door in the late '70's. The younger folks would never remember me - but wanted to say hello in case any folks from the early days are hanging around on TB!

Been in New York since 1981 so, I don't know if I still qualify as a DC area bassist - but I did cut my teeth there and it was certainly my stomping grounds for a number of years!

Best to All,

BassHappy
    www.innertainment.net

Winoman likes this.
  9. tink9975

tink9975

Aug 10, 2006
    MoCo, MD
    We had a lot of fun playing in Annapolis on Saturday. We played at the tailgate party for the Chesapeake Bayhawks Lacrosse team at Navy Stadium.
    The highlight was when the Hawkettes Cheerleading squad lined up in front of us and ran routines to about 3-4 of the songs we were playing.

10. I'm interested in the gtg. It's always a good time.

11. Hey All, I created a facebook event page with a placeholder date of June 22nd. Please, join up, feel free to invite friends/band-mates/students etc., and lets try to pick a firm date.

If June 22nd happens to work for all or the majority, we can roll with it.

https://www.facebook.com/events/549369098504798/

[​IMG]

Winoman likes this.
  12. tink9975

tink9975

Aug 10, 2006
    MoCo, MD
    sweet, the 22nd works for me

13. Hamlet7768

Jun 5, 2011
    22nd can probably work.

14. sears

sears Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2005
    ec, md
    I live right down 108. How come I never heard of this. I'll see if I can.

15. Hamlet7768

Jun 5, 2011
    Unrelated to the GTG, but does anyone know of a good place in the NoVA area I could/should go to get a new nut cut? I'm strongly considering changing to balanced tension strings, which by my research appears to be entailing a .146 low string, which will probably require either cutting of my nut or a new nut. I'd rather have a pro do this than try it myself.

16. 6/22 it is for the GTG 12:30 to 3:30

17. 70sJazz

70sJazz Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Ah, that's too bad. Falls right in that time frame where people who have church gigs won't be able to make it.

Hopefully I can make it next year!

18. tink9975

tink9975

Aug 10, 2006
    MoCo, MD
    I had a new nut cut and a plek job done at crossroads guitar shop near baileys crossroads a few years ago and was pleased with their work.

19. 70sJazz

70sJazz Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Washington, DC
    I've been going to Phil Jacoby in Baltimore. About an hour drive, not too bad. Haven't been able to find a good guitar tech in the DC area.

20. geddy402

geddy402

Jul 20, 2012
    I would also recommend Phil. Great guy and does fantastic work.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 17, 2021