Maryland/DC Bassists Club!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by stambroker, Oct 31, 2011.

1. geddy402

geddy402

Jul 20, 2012
    Where at?

2. I'd love to come to the GTG but it start to early for me. I get out of church at 2 in Towson. I can bring a couple of Alleva's, and MTD, and a form factor cab if anyone is interested in hearing them.

3. Would making the time 1:00 to 5:00 do anything for the folks with church gigs?

4. I typically find out about cool events, like a concert with a favorite artist, the day after. A similar thing happened the last time there was a GTG in Columbia. This one will be an exception.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  5. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH

Mar 23, 2014
    I am in Hagerstown & am also known as a guitarist and a builder

6. 70sJazz

70sJazz Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Yes, mine is usually over around 1:30, and it probably takes an hour to get there. So it would definitely make it worthwhile instead of rushing to attempt showing up for the last half hour. I can't speak for others who have church gigs but many church services are around 11am. And then many evening services start around that 5:30-7:00 range. So 1:00-5:00 is right there in the middle where anyone who has a morning or evening church gig should be able to make it.

7. funkster62

funkster62

Oct 24, 2011
    Knoxville MD
    The Woodstock Inn open mike on Tuesday nights has been moved to Players Bar & Grill on Birmingham Way in Woodstock, MD. Open mike runs from 7:30-11:00 and sometimes runs till 11:30. There is a good-sized stage area, a dance floor, great food and an outdoor patio now that the weather is warm. Get there early because this is a very well-attended open mike. We've had as many as six bass players waiting to go on.

8. I know Players. I've played there before. One band practices Tuesday evenings, we'll all have to slide out there one of these Tuesdays.

9. datsaxguy

datsaxguy

Oct 28, 2008
    Maryland
    Anybody coming to this own a LEJ 5? I'm thinking about getting one and it would be nice to try.

10. tink9975

tink9975

Aug 10, 2006
    MoCo, MD
    Anyone else playing at Eastport a Rockin' ?
    we are playing the Lawn Stage 11:30 to noon.

11. geddy402

geddy402

Jul 20, 2012
    If the bass player for Sweet Leda is in here good set last night at the food truck rally.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  12. dukeandrews

dukeandrews

Jan 24, 2014
    Would it be okay if i came to this get together? I'm up in Cecil county, so it is a bit of a hike to get to Columbia.

13. Yes. That is a bit of a hike, but it's an open affair.

14. 70sJazz

Nov 8, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Is this still on today? Haven't seen confirmation of the time either...

15. Yes. 1-5.

Anyone bringing an amp, please bring your own ext cord/power strip.

16. 70sJazz

Nov 8, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Ok I see the FB page but the time wasn't confirmed in this thread. I can bring my Markbass NY604 cab & F500 head if anyone is interested in trying it. Otherwise, I'll just bring my Fodera.

17. If it's not too late, I'd love to check out the F500.

18. 70sJazz

Nov 8, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Sure, I'll be there around 3:30.

19. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Columbia, MD Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Roy, thanks for hosting again. Had a great time as always.

tink9975 likes this.
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 17, 2021