1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED MAS 112 w/ 18 Sound

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by BuffaloBob4343, Feb 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Price:
    $745
    Time to start consolidating my gear, and this means I have to part with some of my cabs.

I have a slew of great cabs, and this is certainly one of them. This cab is an awesome one box solution.

IMG_20150412_140400.

The impedance is officially 8 ohms, but my understanding is that it is probably closer to 6. So it actually gets a bit more power from the amp as a result.

18Sound 12" Driver;

Four 4" mids, including a mid-boost switch located on the front of the cab that gives the upper mids a bit more presence in the mix;

a Ciare tweeter that can be defeated with a single switch located on the front of the cab. This tweeter is very nice. It doesn't add too much to the top, just enough.

The dimensions: 32" tall by 15 1/2 " wide by 18 1/2 " deep

About 55 pounds, but easy to move around with the handle and skate wheels. The side straps make it so easy to pick up and move.

The lows are very nice and tight, and the cab is very punchy. The dispersion is fantastic. I have not gigged it, but I have rehearsed it and used it in some open mics. It handled 2-3 loud guitars and loud drummers with ease. The more you feed it, the more it roars!

The build quality is top notch. The purple looks incredibly cool on stage.

If I had lots of room, I would keep this cab, but I am space limited so I've decided to be more compact and modular and to sell all of my cabs except for my BA12-3's. I like all of my cabs. All slightly different flavors of great. I just can't afford to keep them all.

For $745, the cab will ship, CONUSA, in its original packaging fully insured. I paid over $1250 for this cab, and I'm sure they are even more now. So take advantage of my stupid GAS and get a killer cab in virtually new condition for much less than new!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  2. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Bump for price drop!

3. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    So long, Purple Tank. "Very punchy" is an understatement. They pound. These cabs enable you to hear what you're playing even if you're standing right 'on top of it'. Nice price, too. :cool:

4. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Yup. Its a killer cab, but I was stupid and auditioned the Genzlers and while they are not necessarily better, they are at least as good, slightly more of the type tone I like, and incredibly light and modular. So I now have three killer cabs (Genzler stack, Baer ML115 and the purple tank) and they are really close in tone, all incredibly well built, and I'm going to lose my shirt on any of them that I sell.

The perceived advantage in tone I feel from the Genzlers is probably incremental and probably not worth the money I will lose LOL! But the modularity and size advantage is nice. Well, someone is going to get a killer deal on a hard hitting and incredibly cool cab, all because i couldn't leave well enough alone.:rolleyes::greedy::help:

5. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    I'm looking forward to experiencing the new Genzler cabs this weekend. :cool:

6. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I'll be interested to hear what you think.

spiritbass likes this.