Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Masada Master Bass on Craigslist

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassgod76, Oct 15, 2010.

1. bassgod76

bassgod76 bass turd burglar Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    Would you buy this if you saw it on CL for $200? It has duncans for pickups.
    [​IMG]

I know nothig about these basses, but I like the maple neck with block inlays. I also like the price.

2. TMBTC

TMBTC

Oct 18, 2009
    Milton,Fl
    I'd buy it !!! looks cool

3. Calebmundy

Calebmundy

Apr 5, 2007
    Nashville
    What about for $250 in a different city?

4. Calebmundy

Calebmundy

Apr 5, 2007
    Nashville
    Thanks for all the input friends. I bought it.

5. If you ever decide to let go of this bass, I would love to add it to my collection. Ive had one of these for years, and it was my go-to for a good part of a decade, once I upgraded the pickups and added 3-band preamp. It's semi-retired now until I decide if it's worth a re-fret. Im in Trashville as well.

6. Calebmundy

Calebmundy

Apr 5, 2007
    Nashville
    Man, I'm using it all the time! About to put a babicz bridge in it, which I hope will fix up some of the sort/of dead spots I have. Just the passive basslines pickups so far. What do you know about these basses? I've had an estimate that this is a late 70s or early 80s bass, does that sound likely?

7. Yeah, as far as I know. I was guessing between 78' & 82'. Fujigen built, which generally is a sign of quality. My headstock is banged-up pretty heavily as I used it as a "crash helper" for years and I need a fret-job as well as some neck-repair from my ill-advised flatwound stringing (higher tension causing a slight separation at the nut end.) A well-built, solid bass, I would put it's build quality against any MIJ or CIJ bass. I'd kill to have a second one. You might notice the neck at the nut is quite wider than a traditional Fender Jazz and a bit chunkier. I like it, because to me it was more like a p-bass, which neck-wise I prefer over a jazz. Great bass, hope you get many great years out of it.

Calebmundy likes this.