1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

mashed potatos or stuffing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rodent, Feb 27, 2008.

1. mashed potatoes smothered in gravy

29 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. stuffing bathing in gravy

18 vote(s)
    36.0%
  3. lima beans dotted with carrots

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Lineā„¢ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    which is better smothered in oodles of rich gravy?

discuss

2. Spoiled Grape

Spoiled Grape I <3 Darkstar

May 29, 2003
    Riverside, CA
    stuffing.

3. Ely

Ely

Jun 8, 2001
    Huntsville, AL
    carrots

4. Another vote for stuffing.

Mostly because I don't eat it nearly as often as mashed potatos.

I think stuffing is another food many people associate with fall & winter, Thanksgiving especially.

Stuffing on the 4th of July would be a welcome change from potato salad. :bag:

I can't believe I siad that! :D

Mike

5. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    MASHED PO-****ING_TATOS

6. Why should I choose between them?

I want both. I do not put gravy on my stuffing though, it shouldn't need it if it is any good. It should be plenty moist and delicious as-is. I do like gravy on my mashed potatoes though!

7. Depends on the type of gravy, if it is beef gravy, then it is the potatos. If it is chicken gravy, the the stuffing.

lowsound

8. never gravy:mad:

i cant vote here i hate gravy and more than gravy lima beans

9. I voted potatoes. I always put gravy or sometimes ketchup on potatoes. I'd never put gravy on my grandmother's stuffing.

10. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed, and a liberal pool of gravy all over top.

11. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    mashed potatoes are like, the essence of God, man!

12. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    get both

13. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    yeah, i just get both and and pour gravy all over both of them.

Maybe a little salt

Some corn

some turkey

and cheese...

like a kfc famous bowl..but with turkey instead...and stuffing....

i think im on to something!

14. My Wife's Mashed Potatoes, with her ranch dressing mix mixxed in (and I wish Bacon bits) needs no gravy...delish. But stuffing, yeah, if it's quality, needs no gravy either. I like both pretty equal, but depends on mood...like, I sure could go for a small bowl of stuffing right now...

But I do enjoy gravy on meat tho. Wierd?

15. threshar

threshar

Jul 30, 2002
    I can't vote - you contaminated your stuffing with GRAVY.

I love gravy, and I love stuffing, but gravy has NO BUSINESS on my stuffing!

16. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    I had no idea what stuffing was so I had to google it. It turned out I have never eaten it. I have made something that reminds a little regarding the ingredients though: Slices of bread soaked in a mixture of egg, cream, salt and pepper, then fried lightly in butter and served with something on top like ham/bacon, cheese and some salad ingredients. It's nothing very special but not bad either.

I don't think stuffing (from the recipes I checked) would need any gravy. I always want gravy on mashed potatoes though. So I'll give my vote on that.

17. What you just described is called French Toast in the US. We just don't do the toppings, usually.

As for the poll, I voted potatoes, but that's because I don't like a lot of gravy on my stuffing. Maybe a little to help keep it moist, but overall, I prefer it to be dry.

18. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    Got interested in this and tried to make some kind of stuffing for dinner today (for myself only), and it ended up quite nicely. :)

I used two slices of rye bread and two slices of wheat bread. I cut them into dices, added two eggs, some milk, onion powder, salt and pepper. Then I fried about 60g bacon pieces (not slices) and one 80g high-quality sausage cut in pieces, and added to the mix together with about 1 tbsp of melted butter. I put it into a round baking pan and baked in oven for about 15 minutes. I served it as it is, without gravy or any other additions. Except for a beer. :)

Would you call this a stuffing?

19. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Mashed potatoes with garlic, butter, a pinch of nutmeg and salt - very good, no gravy needed. A real carb bomb, though. As for beans and carrots, I eat one or both of those most every day, so they get my vote here.

20. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Man thats a hard one !