SOLD Mask Audio Electronics Black Math FUZZ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by eddiebo, Jan 17, 2021.

1. eddiebo

eddiebo Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2002
    Montclair, NJ
    Price:
    $165
    United States
    Absolute ripper of a fuzz that gets into gated phaser type territory, just got this in the latest run of 5 from about a week ago I just have way too many fuzz pedals to keep them all. Mint as new with original box, MAE pick, key fob and sticker. Two clean strips of 3M dual lock on back.

MAE_01.jpg MAE_02.jpg MAE_03.jpg MAE_04.jpg

DEMO

DETAILS
    Black Math originally started as a passion project. I'm a huge fan of the garage rock coming out of Detroit in the early 2000's. It's common knowledge among guitarists that all of of that sound came from big old NYC Reissues. I've owned several of them over the years, but none sounded quite right. Then I had a revelation, the NYC reissue that was available then is thoroughly different than the one available now. Designed by the amazing Fran Blanche, this version had a bit more compressed and scooped sound. When boosted into saturation it gets an even more compressed, blown out sound. A few adjustments later I arrived to the sound I had heard in so many live videos in one box.

Controls:
    BOOST: Pre fuzz Op-amp boost to saturate and overwhelm.
    GAIN: Amount of rock. Allows for more treble frequencies to pass at low gain settings.
    TONE: Typical tilt tone control. Woolly bass to the left and treble to the right.
    LOUD: Amount of loud
    BLOWOUT:(Switch) Takes out the diodes in the first clipping stage to pummel the rest of the circuit.

Internal Controls:
    MIDS: sets the amount of midrange dip or boost.

Uses standard Boss style power supply (9VDC 2.1mm center negative) and top-mounted jacks. Enclosures are Hand Screen Printed by Pinebox Customs.

___

Price includes USPS Priority CONUS shipping ONLY, no international sales and / or shipping outside the CONUS.

PayPal: edbocchino (AT) gmail (DOT) com or Venmo: (AT) edbocchino payment accepted.

FSO / NO TRADES

DM w/ questions

Thanks!

DannDubblewe likes this.
  2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Oof...this is an amazing fuzz from an amazing builder.

eddiebo likes this.
  3. eddiebo

eddiebo Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2002
    Montclair, NJ
    Sold

4. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Supporting Member

Doh...missed it

letsgethandsome and eddiebo like this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 28, 2022