Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Masshole Fest. Boston, NH, and neighboring states.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I saw all these GTG around my area, but they're still pretty far away. Virginia is 14 hours away, NY is a good 3 or 4.. How about a bostonian/Masshole/New Hampshirite/Neighboring stateite GTG in boston or a neighboring town or city? Who's in? I think late June or early August will be a good time. Who's in?

2. Late June is a no-go. ;)

But yeah, early August is cool...there had been talk of one, haven't seen anything concrete yet, where'd you have in mind?

3. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Yea, I've tried to get in on some of the past ones, but they never seem to get off the ground. I was planning on weasling in on the NYC one just to get a gear fix. Boston's OK with me, but I wouldn't mind if it could move west a bit. July/early August is somewhat open for me but later in August I'm going to be on the beach up near Chris Stambaugh (gotta stop by this time I think...)

4. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I'd be interested, but my band is gigging a bit end of July through August. Set a date and I'll make it if I can.

I know, we're playing Tequila's, the big country/rock bar in Danvers on Aug 6, we can hold it there. Everyone can take the line dancing lessons and get down! :rolleyes: :eyebrow: :ninja: :bag:

5. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
    I'll be back for a visit to my old diggs in late September or early October. Too late for this gathering, I know, but should anything be happening then ....

R
    formerly of Framingham, MA

6. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    August works for me. Especially around the 10th. Then everyone could bring birthday gifts for me. :D

7. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Hrm.. well, we could possibly do it in my home town of andover. it's 20-30 minutes north of boston on I93. Mid august would be cool with me too.

8. Same with my birthday too!

9. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    I'll chime in to see if any plans go through. Of course I'll be showing up bassless. :( The Stammie won't be done in August, but it will be well worth the wait!!

Still working on a *cough-pigroast-cough* GTG. But having a tough time finding a cool place to have it outdoors.

10. Already have my favorite bib picked out. :bassist: :D

11. ArtisFallen

ArtisFallen

Jul 21, 2004
    I'd be in for that. round the second week of agust might be cool.

man i thought this was going to be a masshole bashing thread and i was going to come to our defence. My B... :ninja:

12. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Do you mean at your house?

I think the main reason that lots of these GTGs don't end up happening is that there's no suitable big free place for everyone.

13. I'm game for this.

14. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    I'm in depending on the chemo schedule. The first week in August would work best for me.

Chris A. :rolleyes: :bassist:

15. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    I'll be up in Andover for the first couple weeks in August taking my mid-tour-summer-vacation. That'd be pretty cool. Let me know what's up!

16. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :D
    I misread the title at first, not paying attention to the M :D
    Geez, I should have some rest

17. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    The Andover Collins Center. I know the guys there and there's plenty o space that we could have. I'll talk to the guys.

18. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    You get the place and I'll be there! Bass in hand

19. bass555

bass555

Mar 16, 2005
    Southern NH here (by Haverhill, MA)

Andover is about 30 mins away for me

2nd weekend of August is good

Playing Burlington Common Aug 9

and Billerica Common Aug 23rd too with my oldies band if anyone's interested

20. goat1234

goat1234

Mar 17, 2004
    Virgnia
    Id go.