Massholes [and other New Englandites]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LajoieT, Jun 25, 2005.

1. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    OK, this thread stems from another thread that I missed out on and subsequently didn't know about a cool show near me. It also dates back to me looking to inform others in the Massachusetts, Northern Connecticut, Rhode Island, Southern New Hampshire and Vermont, and maybe even parts of lower to middle eastern New York about happenings in our neck of the woods.

So, lets introduce each other and keep this little thread as a place to toss in a heads up about happenings in the area as they pop up.

So anyway, I'm Todd Lajoie, more a major fan of bass lately as my playing time has become practically non-existent on a consistent bassis, but hey, times change and I'll get back into it once demands on my time change (my kids are still very young...) I'm in Western Mass, Agawam actually, near Six Flags New England if you care, and Springfield if you're looking on a map (It's that little part of Massachusetts just outside of Boston for those of you on the West Coast who considered Springfield a suburb of Boston about a year ago when 50 Cent tried to play Gangsta in one of our little night clubs. :rollno: )

So the rest of you NE dwellers, drop a note in here so we'll know where you're from (even if you don't put it in your profile, you BAD BAD person!!!! :D ) and can keep you in mind.
  2. I'm in Wilbraham, so I'm just down the road from ya
  3. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Tewksbury, MA. Next door to Lowell, about 30 minutes north of Boston.
  4. i have many friends from Boston/Mass, etc... and i ask them this...

Q: What's the best thing to come out of Boston????

A: Nuthin..... :eek:

but seriously, the pride you cats have is unreal.. even here in Cali we can feel your love... :p
  5. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Yea, I actually voted for Dukakis for president just in the hopes he'd move out of the state!!!

6. mass is wicked pissa j/k Dan here from New Bedford (drug traffic capitol of mass)

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    Although I currently live in Asheville NC I lived in Andover MA for 30 years. I'm still half in mass. as far I'm concerned. I'm up there alot, so count me in. I love the mountains where I live now, but there are still many days when I miss home. I miss the harbor at Newburyport and I miss playing Haahpas and wormtown.
  8. Masshole here... I live in Lowell but grew up in Danvers. As for whether I'll stay here long term, well that depends on whether the housing crisis ends, or not, I guess. It will always be home, though.
  9. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Grew up in Manchester MA...transplanted to Syracuse NY. :(

All my family still lives on the North Shore.
  10. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Western Connecticut, going to Boston in the fall.
  11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Southeast CT here- exactly one hour from Wuhsta.
  12. Narragansett. Actually Saunderstown. I live about 10 minutes away from Bryan Bailey
  13. metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    I live in Revere.. Right next to Boston! It is so awesome I live so close to the city man. Two weeks ago I went to three shows in one weekend with no hassle :hyper:
  14. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I've lived in NE my entire life:

-Born in Boston, first 2 years in Northfield, MA
    -Hamden, CT for most of my childhood
    -Middlebury,VT for most of my adolescence
    -Currently in Rhode Island--around the same latitude as FF and BB, but the other side of the Bay/Providence.

I regularly check for RI and Southeastern MA punk/hardcore/noise/experimental music shows. I haven't been to many lately due to work but I can say that everyone should go to AS220fest.

15. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    And of course, revere beach...home of hotpants and hairspray.
  16. ArtisFallen

Jul 21, 2004
    Hillbilly next to Nashua NH.
  17. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    grew up in northern maine, spent time downstate, spent many many years in watertown and n. quincy, mass...moved here 2 years ago.
    just got back, as a matter of fact. yesterday at 12:30 PM, my sweetheart and me drove my oldest son from s.e. indiana to harvard square...we dropped him off , turned around and drove back, after resting for two hours in NY, on I90.
    got home 9:30PM tonight. we're wicked tired. :p
  18. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Manchester NH, and you guys missed a killer show with El Pus!

Chris A. :rolleyes: :bassist:
  19. Hello, My name is Mon, and I'm a Masshole.

I hail from Southbridge...not so affectionately nicknamed "slowtown"...which is 20 minutes SW from Worcester...which is not so affectionately nicknamed "Wormtown", which is is 45 minutes due west of Boston....and 55 minutes due east of Springfield, the 3rd largest "city" in MA...I dunno a nickname for Springfield, only that everyone I know goes "you know, where the Big E is...."

So you could say I'm 20 minutes south of being in the center of it all where nothing else really ever happens.

But, do we ever candlepin bowl. Providence can have their "duckpins"...(tho it's fun too)
  20. Rhode Islander here, in a crappy little city called Pawtucket. Pronounced Paw-tuck-it however whenever I say it, it comes out sounding like The-bucket. :)

only a few minutes from you Massholes. Mater of fact I work in Attleboro.