Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Massive cyclone hits Australia

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
  2. Hope all the Austrialian TB's are okay too.

What's the deal with all this horrible weather lately?

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    We are all cool, but you'd be up the proverbial creek without a paddle if you lived in far north Queensland, which is where the cyclone is.

Sydney is about 2,500km from the cyclone - I think the story you linked wasn't clear about that! :D

4. That is very interesting.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's a real knee-slapper!

bc

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Alex, drop the shovel and back away. The hole you are digging is deep and wide.

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I must learn to think before I type. I must learn to think before I type.

8. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I just noticed it's Cyclone Larry. :eyebrow: Soon to be followed by Cyclone Moe and Curly. :D

9. Aww come on, Brad. Just because I didn't go to some world famous college of funniness doesn't mean you have to degrade my self esteem. :crying:

10. I have no idea what you are talking about.

11. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    That's very evident.

12. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Sounds like a bummer. What Australian Tbers are on here? Mark, Steph, Peter...anyone else? Are you all ok?

13. :meh: Not good for the FNQueenslanders, but Sydney (where Mark lives) and Adelaide (me & steph) are both a long way from the action.

Tropical storms are common in the top end of the country, because (surprisingly) its near the tropics.

Hope everyone up there is OK

14. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I don't think there are any TB'ers from that part of Australia, its very isolated, but I may be wrong. Although it is a very severe storm, because of the isolated location its not likely to be as "disasterous" (relatively speaking) as say Katrina. However, I wouldn't want to be up there right now.

15. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I hope you're right.

16. It's not the story, but the header that could confuse some people. SYDNEY, Australia is where the CNN correspondent is stationed, not where the cyclone is.

The only QLD'er I can think of is Leigh, but he's down south. Make as many jokes as you like.

17. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Ok:

Damn, I didn't know you were that kinda girl!

Jeez, isn't that a little personal to be telling us?

Does that make it hard to type?

How far away is Australia again?

And so on....Good times...

:bag:

18. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I wish I was 'down south'.

19. I'm sorry, I know it's a terrible Typhoon and all, but I just can't take it seriously since it's named Larry. Maybe if it had some sort of scary name, like Skeletor or Morgana or Qintar. I just can't be frightened of Hurricane Larry.

"We're soul mates, Pinky. We're like yin, and yang. And Larry."

Rock on
    Eric

20. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Its better then Steeeeve...

Whats your name? STEeEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeve!

See then again; think about it, you know those guys in post office who always go nuts and shoot up a place. They usually have names like Larry or Steve.

Larry could be scary in that creepy "I will kill you and then keep your body in my bed, dress you up and call you Susie while playing my accordion for you all night long but after I am done I will do a little something something to you and then cut you up and make cloths from your skin" kind of way.