1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Massive Price Drop! 2007 Fender American Deluxe Precision

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lax4bags, Jan 15, 2018.

1. lax4bags

lax4bags Supporting Member

May 15, 2012
    Alabama
    Price:
    Strings:
    Very cool modern p bass 60th anniversary model

Butterscotch blond/ natural finish
    Brown Tortoise shell pickguard
    8.6 lbs
    Hipshot tuners

Just got this beauty today and gave it a once over and jammed it for a bit

Loud acoustically which is always a good sign.

The pots are a bit scratchy and the pan pots particularly needs to get hit with some deoxit. The back pickup cuts out intermittently full humbucker back position until it is fiddled with. I didn’t have the energy to open it up and poke around but I did confirm that the 18v two batteries were good so it is just a wiring/clean up job needed.

I cleaned her up with polish and hit the fretboard with guitar honey conditioner which gave it a nice darker sheen.

Good news is it has strap locks.
    Bad news is the back strap button looks like it was repaired. I think I will need to be repaired again.

I have taken a ton of pictures and tried to capture everything I think you would want to see.

No case or gig bag

Per musicians friend:
    The Fender American Deluxe Precision Bass Guitar features a select alder body, graphite-reinforced maple neck with modern C shape, a deluxe bridge that allows either top-loading or string-thru-body, Lite-Bass tuners, active 3-band EQ, a new design split single-coil paired with a bridge humbucker, and a high degree of neck- and fretwork that makes it extremely easy to play. The American Deluxe is perfect for the player who wants a top-of-the-line modern Precision Bass.

FEATURES
    • Select alder body
    • Graphite-reinforced maple neck with modern C shape and satin polyurethane finish
    • 22 medium jumbo frets (9.5" radius)
    • Chrome-plated hardware
    • Deluxe chrome-plated steel bridge plate (strings-thru body or top load) with chromeplated brass saddles
    • New-design Precision Bass split single-coil pickup (mid) and new humbucker (bridge)
    • Pan pot for pickup switching
    • Master volume, pan pot, and 3-band active EQ
    • Lite-Bass tuners
    $650 plus shipping FedEx PayPal conus only

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    TinIndian likes this.
  2. allanmac00

allanmac00

Mar 7, 2006
    Great bass, I used to own one exactly like it. Although I believe the correct color is amber.

lax4bags likes this.
  3. lax4bags

May 15, 2012
    Alabama
    THE preamp is surprisingly natural sounding. The bass boost just adds more and not immediate boom like cheap pres

4. lax4bags

May 15, 2012
    Alabama
    More pics

Attached Files:

5. lax4bags

May 15, 2012
    Alabama
    Just jammed her at lunch. Very cool humbucker with bass boosted its very “flea”. The harmonics with treble boosted are amazing as well but you have this big body big neck five bolt solid foundation under it. Great tones! Pm me with offers and we can discuss how soon you will be playing her!

Abalone dot inlays!

6. lax4bags

May 15, 2012
    Alabama
    I have been playing this bass even all the way on the humbucker and it does work now but should be hit with deoxit or have the wiring looked at. It works intermittently.

The back strap button also works as I have been wearing it without a problem. It could definitely be redone.

But these issues don’t change the fact that the smooth poly neck is one of the best I have played and the electronics are so responsive (think nordstrand).

Great hipshot tuners are super smooth.

7. lax4bags

May 15, 2012
    Alabama
    Pm replied to

8. lax4bags

May 15, 2012
    Alabama
    ANother pm replied to

9. lax4bags

May 15, 2012
    Alabama
    This was $1800 in 2007 (according to the original owner I bought it from)

That is like $2100 now so think American vintage or American elite line as far as quality