1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD MASSIVE PRICE DROP - Rare Yamaha Attitude Deluxe (6-Coil Pickup)!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    No Trades Please!

90's-era Yamaha Attitude Deluxe in very good condition. I have to tell ya, it's a pretty awesome bass.

Very straight neck, level frets, LOW, action. Plus the 6-coil pickup with 5-way selector makes it very versatile with lots of tonal options . There is a P coil selection, J bass too and others. Pretty damn cool!
    Anyway, these seem to be pretty far and in-between.Dare I say rare?

Just had the barrel Jack replaced with a new USA Switchcraft version. Pots have been replaced too! 5 way swtich was also replaced recently.

Lightweight, fast neck, rare, what's not to like! If you are local, come play it. If not, I'll pack her well and ship her fully insured (PM me about shipping costs)!

IMG_20180221_171202__01. IMG_20180221_171209__01. IMG_20180221_171241__01. IMG_20180221_171251__01. IMG_20180221_171307__01. IMG_20180221_171336__01. IMG_20180221_172614__01.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    mbelue, DeliriumTremens, Gorn and 8 others like this.
  2. feschyn

feschyn

Oct 10, 2004
    MIJ?

3. Quadzilla

MIT, but don't let that sway you the wrong way. The build quality is top notch, the neck is super straight and comfy. Frets are level and action is low.

4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Cool.

5. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Nut width?

6. Quadzilla

I'm at a gig right now but will measure when I get home. As I recall, nut is Pish, but neck has a thin front to back profile .

7. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Crazy neck and pickup attachment...looks super solid!

8. Quadzilla

Yeah, 6-bolt neck attachment and the pickup height adjusters are on the back of the body .

9. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Yamaha has had some of the most innovative neck attachment types, to my memory, like the Sheehan signature model (mitre joint).

10. Cutter8

Cutter8 Admittedly in need of adult supervision... Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    I would also like to know...

11. Quadzilla

Sorry for the delay! 1.68"

12. Quadzilla

Back up for grabs!

13. DanAdams

DanAdams Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Maine
    Man! pickup adjustments on the back is SOLID. has any other manufacturer done that?

Quadzilla likes this.
  14. alanolynn

alanolynn

Aug 19, 2012
    NNY
    kringle77 is a HUGE supporter of this model/series. If anyone has questions, I'd talk to him. I'm sure he rattles off specs in his sleep. lol

Quadzilla likes this.
  15. Quadzilla

Not that I'm aware of...

16. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    OMG, someone buy this!!

alanolynn and Quadzilla like this.
  17. Danelectro

Quadzilla likes this.
  18. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    MIT??? Idk? OK sorry got it now! Man I have to agree with XHawk.. I'm like so tempted!

19. Quadzilla

It will impress the hell out of you.

Rapisme likes this.
  20. Quadzilla

OK gents, I just dropped this thing WWWAAYYY down to $299 just to get it done and over with. I won't part with it for a penny less. Seriously though, all the electronics (besides the pickup) have been replaced. New pots, 5-way switch and barrel input (errr, output) jack. Plus she plays AMAZING. Like massively better than anything in this price range. Super straight neck, level frets and LOW action.

I'm also going to lower her now on Reverb and also list her on evilBay. So I predict she will be gone no matter what in under 24 hours. Now is the time....