Master List Of Medium 32" Scale Basses Only - Not For Short Scale 30"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassHappy, Jun 1, 2016.

1. dberman

dberman

Aug 31, 2015
    There is the SX Ursa J bass on the Rondo website.it looks sweet.$250.
    I preordered and they’re scheduled to ship in November. I have a few Short scale SXs and I’m pretty happy with them.

RodRy and brbadg like this.
  2. Do you order the parts from them and do the assembly or do you order it from them fully built?

RodRy likes this.
  3. mikewalker

mikewalker

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    Warmoth sells necks, bodies, and parts... and you get to put them together! I have another one (Short Scale, though) on the go this month myself :)

RodRy likes this.
  4. J_Bass

J_Bass Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    My Maruszczyk Sputnik 32", E-C tuning:

IMG_20200812_004904.jpg

bassbully, Haroldo, Aune and 11 others like this.
  5. J_Bass

J_Bass Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    Photos from my phone:

IMG_20200825_145557.jpg IMG_20200825_145823.jpg

Aune, Protagonist, BassmanM and 4 others like this.
  6. ac100X

ac100X

Apr 6, 2003
    California
    My Burns Marquee.....another 32" scale.
    IMG_2649 Green Cover.JPG

7. I bet that doesn't suffer from neck-dive!

8. Skillet

Skillet

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    Stumbled upon this creature, the Squier Gary Jarman signature bass.
    yer7qg7tsmoehl9md4pt.jpg

Apparently it was a small batch that was a European release in 2016. The band is The Cribs. According to it's wiki, the bassist mixed design elements of the mustang, precision, and the bass V. I dig it.

Here is a sold listing on Reverb. These seem to be rare as hen's teeth.

Squier FSR Gary Jarman Signature Bass Ocean Turqouise - Andertons Music Co.

9. BrianMarc

BrianMarc

Nov 30, 2011
    Skillet, RodRy and Count Bassie like this.
  10. BeeTL

BeeTL Commercial User

Sep 26, 2006
    Oldsmar, FL
    Brad Lowe, Lowe Custom Guitars
    That looks like fun.

RodRy likes this.
  11. woodyng2

woodyng2 Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Oregon Coast
    Bought one of the Novo/Fano/Eastwood/Rivolta 32” Combinata VII basses.
    took a little getting used to, but i am loving the sound and easy playability of it.
    Not to mention the very cool style!
    A9343ACC-8451-435B-9D51-0F812046387C.jpeg 970F154E-0CB9-44D5-801D-5A6FD7547D5B.jpeg E6FCECD0-8189-44D2-98D3-502BDAEE2E56.jpeg 59FE2B4B-7B44-4CB2-A0FC-44A6D06CAA4C.jpeg

dAs, basmansam, BeeTL and 1 other person like this.
  12. woodyng2

Oct 4, 2015
    Oregon Coast
    I have a question...I didn’t like the factory super lite rw strings,so i put a set of Optima RB long scale flatwounds on it. The E and G strings actually wrap around the tuner posts a tiny bit past the silks.
    Do I need to look for a short or medium scale string set? The Optimas sound great on this bass.

RodRy likes this.
  13. Yes, the long scale strings will eventually break. Almost all of the string manufacturers offer strings in the 32" range. Try the LaBella flat wounds (I use the 760FX-M super lights) on my new SDGR 32" Ibanez. Love the sound and the playability. The .039 1st string gives a very good "twang" if plucked with a bit of gusto. LOL

RodRy and woodyng2 like this.
  14. woodyng2

Oct 4, 2015
    Oregon Coast
    Thank you for the reply!
    Yesterday, I had my guitar guru look over and set up the bass with the Optima set I had installed .
    He thought it looked okay, and i really love the feel of the Optima RB set. I will order a set of the Labellas as a backup. The key word i got from your message was “eventually “. ;):laugh:

Possum Willy and RodRy like this.
  15. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I've got some flats on one of my basses where the silk end is wound all the way around the post and some of the un-silked is starting to go around as well. Been on there for nearly 20 years. Still has not been a problem.
    You mileage may vary.
    :cigar:

woodyng2 likes this.
  16. GR7G5TER

GR7G5TER

Dec 31, 2018
    UK
    I ordered one of these as soon as I saw your post! I'm a big fan of a 32" and this bass is so pretty I had to get my hands on one. It arrived about an hour ago, it's beauty is only skin deep unfortunately :-(
    It is without a doubt the noisiest instrument I've ever plug in to the point where the neck pickup on it's own it un useable, the P pup is pretty unispiring.

I didn't get on with the neck, it feels like it is too wide for the string spacing, it's wider at the 12th fret than my MIA 34" Performer P bass.

The control panel is badly put together, the pots keep turning beyound either extreme, I know 5 mins with a screwdriver and spanner would sort that though, but I honestly think this bass needs a flameflower put to it! I've never felt so disapointed playing a bass before.

Really poor job Squier.

This may seem harsh but at £350, this isn't what I'd call a cheap bass! I know Sire's are 34" but a full less get's you a Sire V3 or £50 more get's you a V5 which are both vastly superior to this Jag.

I really wanted this to be half way decent as i think she looks beautiful but she ain't getting a second date!!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    RodRy likes this.
  17. GR7G5TER

GR7G5TER

Dec 31, 2018
    UK
    In other news!

Here's a picture of the Jag alongside my MIM Stuey fitted with Nordy blades (sounds amazing and i'm considering dropping in an East pre amp) and my MIA 34" Performer P. IMG_20210122_172053.jpg

RodRy, Tom0Blam0 and woodyng2 like this.
  18. OllyW

OllyW

Oct 10, 2017
    Stourbridge, UK
    That’s a shame, I owned one of the earlier Squier Jaguar short scale basses and that was a great little bass. Sorry it didn’t work out with the medium scale, especially as it’s such a good looking bass.

RodRy and GR7G5TER like this.
  19. melloncollie

melloncollie Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2016
    RodRy and woodyng2 like this.
  20. GR7G5TER

GR7G5TER

Dec 31, 2018
    UK
    It is so beautiful! I'm thinking i'll have to go down the custom route to get the bass I truly want, but it's a lot of fun try everything out inthe mean time!

OllyW and RodRy like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 23, 2021