Master List Of Medium 32" Scale Basses Only - Not For Short Scale 30"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassHappy, Jun 1, 2016.

1. BrianMarc

BrianMarc

Nov 30, 2011
    I'll start it. Just let me know where it is to be posted and how it is to be updated. Really.

RodRy likes this.
  2. BrianMarc

BrianMarc

Nov 30, 2011
    Here's a start. Where to put it for all to see?

Attached Files:

RodRy likes this.
  3. Uh, sorry, but I don't think that is starting anything. Anyone can upload a spreadsheet.

Do you have any idea what a huge job it is to categorize every medium scale bass known to the universe? Yeah, it's way too huge of a job for me and probably for you too - but if someone WANTED to and had the time (any retirees out there looking for a project?), they could start at the beginning and catalog every medium scaler on here. Let's face it nearly every production medium scaler is on here somewhere, along with a huge listing of custom mediums.

GR7G5TER likes this.
  4. BrianMarc

BrianMarc

Nov 30, 2011
    Gotta start somewhere amigo, and perfect can be the enemy of good in situations like this.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    GR7G5TER and RodRy like this.
  5. dberman

dberman

Aug 31, 2015
    I’m really loving my (first) medium scale SX bass next to a SS SX. It’s the perfect size for me. I’m glad I came across a posting on TB alerting me that Rondo was offering one. Great for the price; overall, I’ve been happy with SX quality.

Attached Files:

blue4, RodRy and BrianMarc like this.
  6. BrianMarc

BrianMarc

Nov 30, 2011

So - perhaps 4 separate tabs, columns, identifiers, etc.- 1 for production in circulation, 2 production out of circulation, 3 custom current, and 4 custom out of circulation (and very, very expensive....)

Just a thought....

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    RodRy likes this.
  7. RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Mar 16, 2014
    I am really digging G&L's Fallout bass and will probably pick up a Tribute version. I've always wanted a bass with an MFD and thought about building a Warmoth routed for that pickup. Shame it's only available in short scale, but for G&L, that's a start! (First time they've done anything other than long scale AFAIK. I've been asking them for years to consider it.) Anything off-the-rack shorter than 34" is a win to me! Maybe we can dream of a medium scale version someday?

gl-tribute-fallout-shortscale-bass-candy-apple-red-surf-green.jpeg

RodRy, GR7G5TER and BrianMarc like this.
  8. BeeTL

BeeTL Commercial User

Sep 26, 2006
    Oldsmar, FL
    Brad Lowe, Lowe Custom Guitars
    BrianMarc and RodRy like this.
  9. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    One-off custom:

hkittybass.jpg

SgtHulka, TK4261, GR7G5TER and 5 others like this.
  10. BeeTL

BeeTL Commercial User

Sep 26, 2006
    Oldsmar, FL
    RodRy likes this.
  11. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    I did, it's here.

BeeTL and RodRy like this.
  12. shoulderpet

shoulderpet

Sep 24, 2015
    Yeah the quality control on these is terrible, I brought one and when it turned up the neck was 3 different shades, around the 12th fret the neck was bright red where they had overdone the tint, sent it back and the replacement had the worst fretwork I had ever seen, I could have had the frets dressed but then I would have spent another £100 fixing the bass and by that point I would have been nearly in 2nd hand Fender Mustang territory price wise so I sent the 2nd one back and got an Ibanez Mezzo instead, £100 cheaper and better quality control

RodRy and GR7G5TER like this.
  13. BeeTL

BeeTL Commercial User

Sep 26, 2006
    Oldsmar, FL
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    kjp360, RodRy, mapleglo and 4 others like this.
  14. MCS4

MCS4 Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    If no one has mentioned it before (I couldn't find anything in a search), Zon is often willing to build 32" models. I have a 32" Zon VB-4, Todd Johnson has at least one 32" Zon (a TJ signature 6-string), and I've seen at least one or two others pop up online.

I don't think they have anything that comes standard at 32" scale though.

RodRy likes this.
  15. BrianMarc

BrianMarc

Nov 30, 2011
  16. cavemanbass

cavemanbass

Nov 5, 2010
    Great thread, was happy to learn about the Squier CV Jag! There were a couple of posts from folks that had a bad experience with these. Just want to say my experience is the opposite. I picked up a black CV Jag few weeks back, and it is fantastic. Awesome neck, nice finish, great electronics. This is my first bass with stacked pots, they work very well. This bass is every bit as good as my CV 60's Jazz bass.

Karli, RodRy and GR7G5TER like this.
  17. SgtHulka

SgtHulka Suspended Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Fort Arnold
    Karli, RodRy and BrianMarc like this.
  18. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've gone down the rabbit hole of medium scale, 6 string basses (thanks, Tony Grey) and with the weird crazy crap I'm writing I reeeeally think I need to go custom. Suffice it to say, subbed.

RodRy and Karli like this.
  19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021