Master List Of Medium 32" Scale Basses Only - Not For Short Scale 30"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassHappy, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    Do all 32" scale basses have a narrower heel width than 34" scale basses?
    String spacing on the fingerboard is my concern.

2. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    My '83 Ibanez Roadstar II also has the 32" scale neck. You're the only other person I know who has one so I'm guessing they're pretty rare.

Karli and RodRy like this.
  3. Protagonist

Protagonist Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2019
    Detroit-ish
    Warwick's Rockbass Corvette Medium scales suppodely can swap necks with their short and long scale versions, so there's are not different. I don't know about their special order medium scales. You can also use a Brad Lowe Customs medium scale conversion neck. Mine is pretty amazing and he has lots of options.

BeeTL and RodRy like this.
  4. dAs

dAs

Aug 12, 2003
    I just picked one up last weekend. Super fun to play for sure.

Attached Files:

• 17.jpg
      17.jpg
      File size:
      47.2 KB
      Views:
    RodRy likes this.
  5. dAs

dAs

Aug 12, 2003
    I bought one in black but the gold pickguard was a little too fancy pants for me so I sanded it off and painted the bottom black along with the top to make it a flat finish. I also replaced the knobs so that they matched the bridge barrels ( gold / brass ). Super fun to play, my only complaint is that there is some neck dive.

Attached Files:

BeeTL, Aune, RodRy and 1 other person like this.
  6. Aune

Aune

Jan 2, 2013
    That looks disgustingly cool, the matte finish really works on those basses. I got a solid leather strap for my Rivolta and it worked wonders on the neck dive.

RodRy likes this.
  7. ric4682

ric4682 Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2008
  8. BeeTL

BeeTL Commercial User

Sep 26, 2006
    Oldsmar, FL
    Brad Lowe, Lowe Custom Guitars
    I'm glad to see a major player like Spector supporting the viability of a 32" scale 5-string. It makes me hopeful that my 5-string 32" scale conversion neck will be at least as successful as the 4-string version.

;)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  9. Without getting up on the soapbox (again) I will say one more time. PLEASE LEAVE THIS THREAD ALONE, unless you have a new 32" medium scale bass to report on. This is a reference thread, not a thread to discuss your favorite mods on your own medium scaler. Please use the Medium Scale Club, start your own thread, or use any other thread for your own purposes. When folks like me (after all, I started this thread) want to go back and do a quick scan to see what is new in medium scalers, I have to wade through tons of totally irrelevant posts. Please be fair and respectful and use the thread as it was intended.

Datsgor and Type-55 like this.
  10. Negative, I have the Ibanez Mezzo string spacing is almost identical to my Fender Jazz.

RodRy likes this.
  11. Felix Lopez

Felix Lopez Mettā

May 15, 2018
    974996F0-CEC5-401F-92F7-6B9E51DAD813.jpeg

12. I know you are Mister Chakra Guy and all, apparently a cool buddha dude - but why in the world would you post this here, knowing full well you already posted it in the medium club?

If you have a new medium scale bass you want to present, fine - feel free to post it here - otherwise, please keep your hardware postings in the "club".

This thread is not designed for this.

Respectfully submitted....

Felix Lopez likes this.
  13. Felix Lopez

Felix Lopez Mettā

May 15, 2018
    Just sharing a pic of a new Medium 32" Scale
    bass I got… Just enjoy sharing pictures of my gear!
    Simple…

I hope you have an awesome day.

:thumbsup:

BassHappy likes this.
  14. You a reader?

"Without getting up on the soapbox (again) I will say one more time. PLEASE LEAVE THIS THREAD ALONE, unless you have a new 32" medium scale bass to report on. This is a reference thread, not a thread to discuss your favorite mods on your own medium scaler. Please use the Medium Scale Club, start your own thread, or use any other thread for your own purposes. When folks like me (after all, I started this thread) want to go back and do a quick scan to see what is new in medium scalers, I have to wade through tons of totally irrelevant posts. Please be fair and respectful and use the thread as it was intended."

Photos of hardware aren't what this thread is about. If you want to post a bass that can be seen and admired, then alright, post away...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  15. BeeTL

BeeTL Commercial User

Sep 26, 2006
    Oldsmar, FL
    Brad Lowe, Lowe Custom Guitars
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 17, 2021