master of puppets

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by fluffybrick, Jul 22, 2000.

1. fluffybrick

Jul 22, 2000
    is it just me or is that a fast song? i think i got the right tabs but maybe you can help me out i want to be able to play it.

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Start slowly. Don't try to play that song at speed right from the start. Also learn the song by phrases or bar-by-bar. Don't try to tackle it in one big chunk. One way is to listen to the song while you read the tabs. Try to follow what tabs relate to what part of the song. You can get lost really easily if you are new to tablature. It is much easier IF the tabs have the lyrics. Then it is easier to know if you are in the "right place." Next, make sure you know the chord changes and structure...intro, verse, chorus, first solo, second solo and so on. Take your time. By dividing the task into small units, you'll build confidence. If you try to learn "Master of Puppets" all at once, you may get discouraged. Jason Oldsted
  3. msaygilar

msaygilar Guest

Apr 18, 2000
    It's fast really but very easy to play. First practice some finger exercises then play it slow. When you play it perfectly you can start to speed up..

The Only Mask I Wear is the One I was Born With..
  4. fat jonny

fat jonny

Jul 8, 2000
    Columbus Ohio
    It is a little tricky at first, but start slow and build up speed and its not bad. One thing that also helps for me is to use your pinky on the C# (4th fret on A string) instead of trying to shift positions for that one note. I like to warm up with this riff sometimes because it uses all of the fingers.
  5. me

Apr 29, 2000
    i know what your going through it took me two months to play that damn song (when i was new to my instrament). My only advice is to play it right in small chunks ( like the intro then main riff ect..) and stick to it ie play it a lot a LOT. When your done you be so much better then when you started. Before i learned Master o Puppets i had trouble playing crap, now i nail most stuff.