1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mastering Question

Discussion in 'Ask Janek Gwizdala' started by mboki, Oct 19, 2006.

1. mboki

mboki

Apr 17, 2006
    Hi Janek,

My name is Borjan and I am from Bosnia. Right now I am playing with a pop/rock singer/composer and we have finished recording of his new album after 9 months. We spent a lot of time to make it sound good.

In a few days this guy is going to NY for a month and he is looking forward to do mastering of the album in NY (since we don't have a propper studio/tech to do it here).

What I wanted to ask You is:help: , is there anyone you can suggest to do the mastering for this album (and if there is, how much does it cost for 10 songs)?

Thank You, I enjoy spending time here and reading about experience of a pro player. Tnx once again.

2. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Founder and CEO of http://janeksbassstudio.com
    hey,

sorry your post slipped through my radar and I didn't get to it sooner!

I've been working flat out these past two weeks.

so I can definitely reccomend you a mastering studio and engineer. Depends what budget you're working with and how the mix is.

I have a production crew that I use for all the albums I produce which includes a tracking engineer, mixing engineer, mastering engineer, and a designer for all the artwork.

You could go to my guy at Jigsaw studios. for the album he's going to charge you around $1000. it's very cheap for New York when you compare it to Sony, Sterling, masterdisk, scott hull... etc.

did you mix the album yet? do you know what you're looking for from a master yet?

drop me a line at mail@janekbass.com if you have any more questions about it.

easy,

Janek