1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Masters (The Augusta, GA version)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Holy War, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    Hell ya! The greatest game in the world being played at the greatest tournament in the world. Im on vacation right now in NYC, but Ive been following it all VERY closely (thank God for ESPN mobile updates).

Harrington is my favorite golfer, and while this isnt his best show atm, he's got plenty of time to recover, but he HAS to do it today.

As we all know, the story of the event is Tiger, and Ive never been happier with one of his performances. The guy is playing fantastic, though his putting could improve some, and has a real shot of taking the V here if he keeps it up. His first round was his best Masters first round of all time, and to all the haters, I TOLD YOU SO! Nicklaus, look out!

Mickelson is also playing fantastic. Hes not a favorite of mine, but I do respect the heck out of the guy and hope he does well because he certainly has a lot of competition this year.

My biggest disappointment opening round was Vijay Singh, the guys got to step it up. Biggest suprise was Fred Couples, the old man is holding down the fort after the 1st day!

Im playing 18 today in the Bronx, but believe you me, Ill be getting my mobile updates along the way! This weekend is going to have some AMAZING golf!

2. Phil Mickelson is going to win.

Ryan Moore's dressed well
    post-2-12707831554935.

But Freddy does seem to have a chance if his back will cooperate.

3. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Id like to see Poulter pull it out.

Tiger seems to be good at pulling it out lately, but thats off the course.

4. playinpearls

playinpearls

Apr 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.

5. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    bump

6. Phil Mickelson's still going to win.

7. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    tiger-woods-funnynike-t-shirt-just-do-her-just-do-it-.

8. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    hey, did you guys kow that Tiger Woods cheated on his wife?

9. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Dude, it's like the only interesting thing to be connected to golf since...well since forever.

10. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    if thats the what you think, then why come in here and try and talk about it? Jesus, it seems like a pretty simple task to accomplish to me.

:rolleyes:

11. Called it!

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Great performance by Phil. I was most impressed by Anthony Kim and Fred Couples. Choi was also a rock right up to the end. Still, some very impressive golf.

13. Absolutely stunning contest. Rivetting all the way - you can't say too many golf tournaments are exciting, but this one certainly was. Loved the way the lead changed hands so many times... Some great golf played by all. My only problem is the whining about Tiger...if it was anyone else, having placed 4th in this well-played a tournament would be considered an accomplishment, but some of these commentators are acting like he came in last... *Sigh* Considering how long it's been since he last played, I think he did pretty darn well.

14. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Anthony Kim is my new favorite golfer. He was putting at an unconscious level on the back 9. I was happy to see Phil win, even though I'm not a huge Phil fan. Nice to see Freddy play well also.

BTW, if Tiger could have driven the ball anywhere near the fairway in round 4, I think he might have won. But, it seemed like every second shot he took was from the woods. When a guy like him has two eagles in the 4th round alone, he should post a lower score than he did.