Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mastodon DVD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by mlove, Mar 13, 2006.

1. mlove

mlove

Jun 12, 2005
    go buy the new mastodon dvd!!! (if you like them that is)
    besides the cheap graphics in the documentary its smokin'
    tones of live tracks. i am a happy camper

2. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I got it this weekend. Tremendous band...tremendous documentary!!:bassist:

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool, I will. :bassist:

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    How are the live tracks? I remember seeing the live dvd that came with the digi pack of Remission. The band are great in the studio but that footage of them was so poor I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

5. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Watched it again last night. I thought it was cool how Troy, the bass palyer, seemed to be the "voice" of the band. Brann Dailor is quite a character. Watching that dude pay drums is insane, he is a maniac. I LOVE Mastodon, and hold them in very high regard. They're definitely one of my favorite bands over the past 5 years.

Also, very cool to see the evolution of their vocals. I never knew they originally had a singer. When I saw them for the first time, i thought it was sick how they all sing different parts and/or scream in unison. Never knew they started that to cover for their missing singer who left the band, and it just stuck.

I thought the live footage was very good. i never saw the stuff on Remission though, so i can't compare.

6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Well, I still prefer Today Is The Day to Mastodon, they just seem more...special...to me.

Especially Sadness Will Prevail. Even though I feel like I've now outgrown extreme metal, that album is still a masterpiece of metal, progressive. Focused and masterful but sounding lost at the same time.

I'd reccommend everyone buys it :)