1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mastotron frustration

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by The Lurker, Apr 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    Bought a Mastotron off Reverb. Reputable buyer, with an actual real-world store.

Plugged it in for the first time, got no sound. A/B'd out every cable, battery, power supply, even bass, twiddled all the knobs, same result. Light goes on but no sound. Very frustrating.

It's a used pedal but it's in essentially new condition.

Any suggestions?

2. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    Open the can and look for desoldered (broken?) wires coming from and going to the jacks (also,verify the jacks' integrity).If you say you cannot get any signal even in the bypassed position,this might be the issue.

3. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    ...oh yes,and see if the pedal gets any juice from the power supply (verify at the very end of the DC female jack inside the enclosure).

4. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    Yep, we have a wire form the output jack that's come loose... now i have to find someone who can solder electronics (curse my astigmatism....)

5. Bigwan

Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    Should be easy in Ankh-Morpork. One of the dwarf artisans is your best bet, on the Street of Cunning Artificers...

Great to see TP referenced in unlikely places!!!

More on topic, you'll love the Mastotron once it's up and running. Great splurty, gated goodness. I built on for myself and liked it so much I had Tom at COG Effects build me a custom pedal with the Mastotron with his octave circuit combined. Sold it eventually, but it was great fun while it lasted!

theunknowndude likes this.
  6. Wow a cog mastotron would be nuts...

7. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    That is very similar to something I've talked to Tom about myself, I just can't decide which type of fuzz to put in there since I like so many of them. =0) The Mammoth circuit is one option, never tried the mastotron tho.