1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Matched set of 12 Sovtek 5881WXTs, EMG PJ active pups, Carvin stuff!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by sunbeast, Nov 29, 2006.

1. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    So I am cleaning up my basement trying to get rid of some stuff ( makes room for new stuff!).

First I have a matched set of 12 Sovtek 5881WXT tubes, these are the same tubes Mesa Boogie sells/ recommends for the 400 and 400+ amps (but they put their name on them). I recently bought a 400+ which the previous owner had just retubed (he worked in a store that sold tubes and got these matched for cheap). The tubes only have a couple of hours on them- I already planned to put different tubes in it when I got it anyways (Shuguangs), so they came out only a couple days after I recieved the amp. I live about 5 minutes from NBS electronics, which is Lord Valve's store- I had him retube the amp and check these tubes, which he said tested great....They will come carefully shipped in the boxes for the new tubes I bought- $85 shipped, trade (check below), or best offer!

I have an older set of EMG active PJ pickups. I posted these previously in another thread, but that thread got a little cluttered, so...They still work perfectly, but the J pickup has 1 little circular groove that was caused by a badly designed screwdriver (coupled with my own stupidity :rolleyes: )- there are also 3 smaller dings from the same incident, but they are much less noticeable (see picture). I have 3 25K pots, which are the value that EMG recommends for use with their pickups, as well as a battery clip.....$55 shipped for just the pickups, $65 for the pickups + pots/battery clip or a trade (see below), or best offer!

I have a set of pickups and active preamp from a 1990 Carvin LB70- they were from a stereo bass, so the controls are: master volume, pickup blend, + tone knobs for each pickup ( the tone knobs work similar to a TBX control- in the center is flat, one way is a normal tone contol, the other way acts as a bass cut), also there is a bright switch for the bridge pickup, a deep switch for the neck pickup and a phase switch.... I will take pictures if someone is interested....$30 shipped, trade ,or best offer!

Lastly, I have a Carvin 10" bass speaker, from their Redline Series- it is 8 ohms and handles 200 watts...I don't have a picture at the moment, but will take one if someones interested...$35 shipped, trade, or best offer!

Trade Interests
    I am looking for a nice hot P or MM pickup (4 or 5 strings), especially a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder or Rio Grande Muy Grande. Also looking for a Radial Switchbone amp switcher, an EBS Multidrive, and a noise suppresor pedal of some sort. Lastly I would trade towards a G&L SB-1 or SB-2 or L-2500 with a maple fretboard (or just the neck!). Really you could offer me most anything! I like to try new stuff!

Thanks,

Karl Zickrick

Attached Files:

2. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    EMG pic

Attached Files:

3. Bump & testimonial for the Bass Driver- I just got one from TBer didier(great seller)& I'm very impressed. A/Bing against a Blue Tube pedal, the Flip is MUCH more versatile- there's a TON more gain if you want, & the semi-parametric mid control does more for me than the Blue's 3-band(mind you, I like the BT, I just LOVE the BD:) ). $60 is a great price, too.

4. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks bassteban- I was really impressed with the Guyatone as well when I first got it- having heard nothing about it...I figured why not give it a try! I still have it after blowing through about a half dozen other bass overdrive pedals- its close, but still not quite what I'm looking for. I wish that mid control was on every drive pedal though, it is a very well thought out addition- it helps you manipulate/ eliminate that certain midrangey sonic signature that every overdrive has- I always boosted some really low midrange, and it was crunchtastic!

Karl

5. PM sent.

6. Bellbass

Bellbass Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    PM sent

7. pm sent about guyatone

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Interested in the carvin stuff...

I have a Passive EMG for trade.

9. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    The Guyatone is on hold!

I'll pass on the EMG, Trevorus- but thanks anyway!

Karl

10. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Guyatone Bass Driver TRADED to Templar!

Bump for a near-new set of tubes for a Mesa 400+ and a bunch of other stuff!

Karl

11. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    bump!

12. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    bump!

13. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    bump

14. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    are those tubes a 6L6 replacement?

15. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yes, they are actually the same tubes Mesa Boogie sells for use in their 400 and 400+ amps- except that these are straight from Sovtek, whereas Mesa prints their own name on the same tubes and charges you more for them! They are the most common "stock" 6L6 type tube, as they are insanely reliable and last a long time. They also go by - Sovtek 6L6GC.

Karl

16. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    thx!
    i've got an mm hd 150 coming, once i get it here and test tubes, we may need to talk;)

17. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sounds good- I don't know if the 150s have some crazy high plate voltage like my HD130 had, but these tubes should handle it pretty well is so- they are mostly known for their durability/ reliability (I believe Mesa also has relatively high plate voltages). Also- if you just want 4 or six, i'll probably keep 6 for my Mesa D-180.( as no one seems interested in a trade....) If you want all, thats cool too!

Karl