Matching Battery Compartment.

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by J. Crawford, Jun 27, 2008.

1. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    My original post was in basses, but Ibanezcollector gave me the idea to ask if anyone could make me a custom battery compartment cover? I have a cream Fender MIM Deluxe Active Jazz bass, with a tort shell pickguard, and want the batt. compt. cover to match. Im willing to pay, just nothing outrageous. I would make it myself, but I dont have the necessary equipment. Any help? :meh:

2. J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    bump
    :bag:

3. renniw

renniw

Nov 30, 2004
    Lévis (Québec)
    Do you want the compartment on the back or the front?

If it's on the back, maybe installing a standard compartment and you can glue a tortoise piece over the black cover...

4. J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    Yes it is on the back. This will be my first mod, so I dont know the lingo. Ill post a pic in a minute, and show you what it looks like.

5. renniw

renniw

Nov 30, 2004
    Lévis (Québec)
    Just an opinion, the cover will never be seen if it's on the back.

I don't see why you absolutely want it tort...

Also, seeing the amount of response, I don't think it's do-able...

Personally I would go with the standard. Stew-mac sells them for around 12$...

6. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Let me butt in here, but it absolutely is doable. Pretty simple too. Most users here probably won't chime in due to the CUP in place. That's kinda the point of the Luthier's corner, that anything is doable.

7. J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    Exactly, and seeing that Stu L. and I are PMing about the subject, it must be doable. Go ask Ibanezcollector why he wants one on his basses, and hell say the same. Preference.