1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Matching headstock Fender Jazz Bass what do you guys think???Good deal???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bluepheonix06, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Bluepheonix06

Bluepheonix06

Sep 7, 2008
    Michigan
    i was searching Ebay as i do religiously for vintage jazz basses and i stumbled across this baby... my fav. color at practicly a steal..I don't know about you guys but matching headstocks are HOTT!!

2. what baby? maybe a link would help

3. Bluepheonix06

Bluepheonix06

Sep 7, 2008
    Michigan
  4. Shovelbone

Shovelbone Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Yonderville Georgia
  5. nickn

nickn

Oct 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    You realize that this is just a parts bass, right? Just making sure :p Seems like an alright deal to me, not something I'd call a steal, but if you want it, then go for it. But hey, I'm not a big fan of matching headstocks ;)

6. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    It sure ain't natural wear. For a neck to wear like that, he would have had to have played it for long enough that the body would NOT be in that good condition. So it's reliced. Still seems like a pretty good price, I say go for it.

7. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    looks like a Refinished Squier to me.. Nice paint job but its nothing you couldnt do yourself for $250

8. nickn

nickn

Oct 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I may be showing my ignorance, but I should also point out that I THINK that headstock logo is wrong for a 66 Jazz... I don't think they started using that logo until 68, maybe late 67.

9. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Eh...

That "awesome neck wear" is just the guy with a piece of sandpaper. If that bass was all original it'd go for $450-$500. Since it has a replacement neck, and who knows what else, its collector value is shot.

I'd pass unless I was looking for a beater.

10. Bluepheonix06

Bluepheonix06

Sep 7, 2008
    Michigan
    it looks like that guy has pretty good feedback

11. Shovelbone

Shovelbone Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Yonderville Georgia
    It just sold for 455.00

12. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I'm aware, and I wouldn't have paid that!:p IMO there is always a difference as to what someone is actually worth, vs what people will pay for it.

Someone values a colored headstock more than the bass's actual worth.

13. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    Totally worth that money IMO.

14. Bluepheonix06

Bluepheonix06

Sep 7, 2008
    Michigan
    i suppose the neck wear could be better...altho its hard to dislike a brazilian rosewood fretboard... but have you looked at the **** fender pumps out and slaps a custom shop logo on that instantly adds 2 grand to the price... i mean honestly...anyone else look at a custom shop bass and wonder...hmmm is the sum of the parts(because thats all it comes down to) is not worth that just because they throw some buckle rash on there

15. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    :rollno:

16. nickn

nickn

Oct 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I don't personally own any Fender CS basses, but I know multiple bassists who do own CS basses and they are VERY happy with them. I can't even understand what point you're trying to make there; it's all one big sentence. :eyebrow:

17. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Yes I have, and it was well worth the price to me.
    (but I didn't buy a relic model)
    But Ed Friedland bought a relic Jazz though (you know the guy that writes all those bass reviews for magazines), and he was so blown away at the relic feel the CS applied to it.

18. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    you played a custom shop fender?

19. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    I have (I own a beauty) and the quality is very apparent. I'm happy with the $1.5k I payed for a mint used '64 Jazz NOS one, and most of the CS instruments I've played were amazing.

20. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    +100