1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

matching my 210 cab with another cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mangl, Mar 20, 2006.

1. mangl

mangl

Jan 23, 2006
    im buying a 210 cab for sure, i just dont know what to match it with. i was thinking either adding a 410, 115, or 212.. i just dont know down which road i should go. i'm buying the 210 for practicality and just rehearsing and stuff, and the other cab (when paired up) would be to kill the gigs... any suggestions??

2. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    If i were you i would go with a 115.I use to run a 210 210 setup...it was good but did not have the lowend i was looking for.I just did and upgrade to a gk1001rd head with a swr goliath jr. III and a swr SOB 115....I have to say it has been the best desision i have ever made.not only do i have the tight punch of the 210's but i have to bottom end and push of the 115.....if you are looking for somthing to kill gig's i think you will find it in the 210 115 setup....light...powerfull and eazy to move around....well there you have my $.02 worth.best of luck....Cheer's Mate!!!

3. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    What kind of head will you be powering the cabs with?? What kind of music does your band play? Do you guys play loud? Do you have PA support at your shows?

A 2x10+1x15 is a very popular combination, its also pretty portable. Ideally, the more speakers you will have the better you will be heard. This is why I am gonna say get a 4x10, that paired with a 2x10 will move some air!:bassist:

4. Dont rule out a 2X12 to go under your 2X10

5. ctbass

ctbass

Jun 21, 2005
    Colorado
    Don't know what amp you are using or how much volume you need, but if you need "to kill"....Bergantino HT322. I run it and with a 2x10 through a DB750. The Berg is 4 ohms and the 2x10 is 8ohms. It is crazy loud and unbelievable tone and clarity.

6. While I'm a big fan of a small box for small gigs and a large box for large gigs (I hate bringing two cabs to a gig for some reason), I've always found that adding another of the same cabinet, at least most of the time, results in the 'best sound'. By that, I mean, each cab has the identical power rating, efficiency, etc. by definition, so it really works. Instead of changing your tone, you just get 'more of it'.

If you buy a high quality 210 like Epifani, Eden, Berg, etc., etc., there's no reason that two of them won't knock a wall down if you need to.

IMO... as always!

7. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Likewise (unless a crossover is being used in a properly thought-out biamping situation). Identical cabs don't have different group delays so they sound more intelligible, and react the same to EQ, which then actually can achieve the sound one might want anyway, when seeking something to add to the rig.

8. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    I'll add to that though: if someone didn't really get it right the first time out, they can add another cab that's different than it - and then phase out the one that ain't really getting it done right, replacing it with a duplicate of the newer cab. Hopefully the second cab will have the default sound they really want, or it could end up being an endless GAS treadmill ; }

9. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    I donno if this will help but i say on a nother post that mangl wrote, and from what i got from it he had a GK 1001rb-II head...hope that help's:)

10. turnuptheBASS

turnuptheBASS

Jan 30, 2005
    So. CA.
    +1 ....with enough power I am sure more than walls will be knocked down