Matisyahu Fans???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by deathbloomslife, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Often described as the hip-hop hissidic, he has very smooth rhymes, accompanied by really melodic music. I was just wandering if anyone here has had a chance to listen to him yet? I really am in love with his music, which I describe as a cross between "No Doubt" and "311" however, is classified as "reggae."

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I have a bunch of his songs in my iTunes. I like his style.
  3. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i'm digging his music so far. i havent heard a lot of it though since i just "discovered" him on Saturday :)
  4. i like him...i haven't got any of his music, but i am really impressed by his music.
  5. i have a few of his tunes, hip hop/reggae perhaps? either way, i adore his music.
  6. Remember Snow?

7. Yeah, I do remember Snow... I actually didn't mind him too too much... However, Matisyahu and Snow are nowhere near being in the same ballpark, and that renders the two uncomparible in my eyes.

8. Lets check this thread out in lets say 6 months to a year, to see if he's still prolific.
  9. What is it you have against him? You seem to be showing some animosity towards him, and I don't see a reason for it.

10. slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I only know his current hit King Without a Crown, and I like it
  11. No animosity at all!

Just curiosity.
  12. DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    i friend of mine gave me a copy of his live cd about 6months ago..before he started to get very popular....
    i really like his music
  13. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I've been seeing his stuff on emusic for a while but so far the samples I've listened to haven't grabbed me.

14. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    I actually really like his stuff. He's been on the college circuit since last year (mtvU, free shows, etc) so I've been able to get a real taste for him.It's something pretty fresh because he raps parables and stuff but isn't didactic.
  15. I really like him. I'm not into religion, but I dig his sound a lot.
  16. Oh okay, I guess the conversation I had with my girl before I logged on last night put me in a 'mood'. Sorry for any confusion man.

17. I've only heard him on the new P.O.D. album (really good, by the way), and I'm not all into that genre; so I really can't comment.
  18. did anybody see him on conan last night?
    i think the music is very impressive...i really liked that guitar solo
  19. I've heard the single (King Without A Crown) so much in the last month that I hate it, although it was good the first 10 times. MTV really needs a bigger (and better) playlist.
    Anyway, from what I've heard, the band is pretty good. I'm not a big fan of the vocals, that style in general kinda pisses me off, but at least he has a decent band behind him.