Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Matisyahu Fans???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by deathbloomslife, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Often described as the hip-hop hissidic, he has very smooth rhymes, accompanied by really melodic music. I was just wandering if anyone here has had a chance to listen to him yet? I really am in love with his music, which I describe as a cross between "No Doubt" and "311" however, is classified as "reggae."

-ryan-

Matisyahu

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I have a bunch of his songs in my iTunes. I like his style.

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i'm digging his music so far. i havent heard a lot of it though since i just "discovered" him on Saturday :)

4. i like him...i haven't got any of his music, but i am really impressed by his music.

5. i have a few of his tunes, hip hop/reggae perhaps? either way, i adore his music.

6. Remember Snow?

Yeah.........

7. Yeah, I do remember Snow... I actually didn't mind him too too much... However, Matisyahu and Snow are nowhere near being in the same ballpark, and that renders the two uncomparible in my eyes.

-ryan-

8. He is cool.

9. Lets check this thread out in lets say 6 months to a year, to see if he's still prolific.

10. What is it you have against him? You seem to be showing some animosity towards him, and I don't see a reason for it.

-ryan-

11. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I only know his current hit King Without a Crown, and I like it

12. No animosity at all!

Just curiosity.

13. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    i friend of mine gave me a copy of his live cd about 6months ago..before he started to get very popular....
    i really like his music

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I've been seeing his stuff on emusic for a while but so far the samples I've listened to haven't grabbed me.

bc

15. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    I actually really like his stuff. He's been on the college circuit since last year (mtvU, free shows, etc) so I've been able to get a real taste for him.It's something pretty fresh because he raps parables and stuff but isn't didactic.

16. I really like him. I'm not into religion, but I dig his sound a lot.

17. Oh okay, I guess the conversation I had with my girl before I logged on last night put me in a 'mood'. Sorry for any confusion man.

-ryan-

18. I've only heard him on the new P.O.D. album (really good, by the way), and I'm not all into that genre; so I really can't comment.

19. did anybody see him on conan last night?
    i think the music is very impressive...i really liked that guitar solo

20. I've heard the single (King Without A Crown) so much in the last month that I hate it, although it was good the first 10 times. MTV really needs a bigger (and better) playlist.
    Anyway, from what I've heard, the band is pretty good. I'm not a big fan of the vocals, that style in general kinda pisses me off, but at least he has a decent band behind him.