Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MATMM: I got a new song... opinions on the sound quality wanted.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    http://www.mp3.com/MATMM

Scholle is the new song I just uploaded. I've heard it on a stereo system and it sounded pretty good.

Take into account I'm doing this on my computer, almost all bass except a little keyboard and programmed drums. I was going for weird polyrhythmic stuff + weird dynamic changes. It's experimental music so it's supposed to sound... weird.

Thanks to all who listen, those who don't, I fart on your grave.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Kind of sounds like primus in the beginning, then it just goes....different.

the sound quality is good though.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Good because I don't know what's up with my friends computer at work, but he downloaded a song I did and the drums sounded watery... and they weren't watery on MY computer or on a stereo.

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    For reference everyone: It's OK if you don't like my stuff. Some of the stuff I'm pretty iffy on. My plan is to create a huge album of about 100 tracks or so of crazy off the wall stuff that I can play one day and be like... why the hell did I make this. Then go on to make real music. Because I don't consider this REAL music... it's like abstract art. I'm an abstract guy, so MATMM is a release for that. I can do real music on the side. ;)

:spit: I recently found out a techno bad has a name "The Monkey Mafia" I'm so pissed because I thought of the name in high school. I came up with it in creative writing class. I don't know why but I wrote something about how perfect your very own monkey mafia would be. What with their suits and guns and whatnot.

5. The production reminds me of Nine Inch Nails. Nice bass playing.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I guess my friend Jared isn't crazy then. He got a NIN vibe off of when the drums re-enter when it turns "pretty".

Thanks for the comments Bassline. :)

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I love MP3.com because I feel like a rockstar, Scholle made it up to #38.

Pizzlestains Deluxe's "The Girl that I love" (My girlfriend Amber's Birthday song) made it way high on the rapcore charts... we beat taproot for a while. :cool:

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    w00t!

pizzlestain's deluxe is a great band name by the way.

9. i like some it mostly. definatly puts you in a different zone.

i like the melodic bit after that dreadful noise.

you should however put a warning on the cd saying 'listening under the influence of mind altering substances will cause an epileptic fit'
    :D

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    ( . Y .)

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Actually, as a non user of drugs or alcohol, I love messing with stoners. One reason I wanted to make this album is to freak out stoners. :cool:

The dreadful noise part is another kind of experiment, and I think it worked. A trick I learned in my art class. Contrast. The brightest whites are next to the darkest blacks. So I figured this translates over to music, as all arts do connect. The hugest noises are next to silence. Awful awful noise next to something melodic... it seemed to work IMO.

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

:cool:

Around here I'm trying to make it slang for awesome.

Example:

Fred: "Dude, that dog is totally pizzlestains."

Albert: "Dude, that dog is pizzlestains DELUXE!"

Fred: "Dude."

13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

you sir...are brilliant.
    :)

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I've been saying it for years. :)

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I put all the songs I've made so far for MATMM on a CD... I am crazy. It's some of the weirdest "music" I've heard. Phhht, who says ya gotta do drugs to write really off the wall music? :D

16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    that is pizzizzel stizzain. :bassist:

I like it. Doesn't sound watery at all. Your friend must have a head injury. :D

17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

FO SHIZZLE??!?

ThizanKZ :p

Yeah, the watery sound must have something to do with his computer at work... where he shouldn't be downloading songs.

:D :D

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    B===
    =U==
    ==M=
    ===P
    ==M=
    =U==
    B===
    =U==
    ==M=
    ===P
    ==M=
    =U==
    B===
    =U==
    ==M=
    ===P
    ==M=
    =U==
    B===

Sorry.

19. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    hehehe....worth it for that bump statue ;)

20. *copys and pastes in wp then quietly sneeks back out of the thread*