Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

matrix jacket

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by turkish, Jan 21, 2003.

1. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
  2. I could swear I've seen one of those in cheesy HK action movies.

Sheepy?

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Isn't tha his priest disguise?;)

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I don't know that jacket....but I do own a jacket that is identical to one that he wears when Morpheus is teaching him to jump between the buildings...I've had that brown jacket for years and then I remember watching the matrix while wearing the jacket and realizing how stylish I am(so stylish that big budget movies play off my style) :D

5. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    In the top pic, it looks like a gui (suit) that people use when doing Aikedo (form of martial arts).

Have a look around charity shops, youll be amazed what youll find; myself and 3 band members all got leather jackets (cover band image) for just 50p each from the same shop :eek:

Edit: "Isn't tha his priest disguise?"
    ...yeah I see what you mean:D

6. If i remember right, keanu is a bassest. Hes in a band called Dogstar. They are ok, i dont know who i could compare them to..

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    I want a "Reservoir Dogs" suit, with thin black tie and dark sunglasses...

8. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ahem...I do you believe you mean a Blues Brothers suit. I do too, BAD.

9. Heh...
    Can't say it looks at all familiar to me, but then again, there are just so damn many cheesy Hong Kong action movies... :p

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I don't know but please tell me that you're not thinking about buying one. I promise you...you will not look cool like Neo. You'll look like a dork.

brad cook

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    ...I repeat.... a dork.

brad cook

12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Its true....that whole trenchcoat "neo" style is not only played out...but I personally think Neo(keanu) looks like a dork period...with or without that persona.

13. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    oh i'm quite aware that'll i'll look like a dork i was jsut thinking of a halloween costume, i can bend back pretty far like the whol bullet dodging thing and thought it would make a cool costume

and for the record keanu reeeves is a dork

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ok...as long as you know. ;)

Yeah...keanu is a dork. Neo is pretty cool though.

brad cook

15. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I have been wearing a Swiss army issue trench coat since before the matrix and before the columbine fiasco...you wouldn't believe how annoying some people were about that....:rolleyes:
    I would look liek a dork in that neo coat though, haha!

16. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    It ain't right if it ain't the classic: Gestapo jacket.