SOLD Matsumoku Jazz Bass, 70's, Nordstrand Big Splits!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BassTank84, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    Early 1970's Fender Jazz Bass Copy, made in Japan Matsumoku factory. This brand, as far as I can look up, would be an Elk bass. This one didn't have any markings on the headstock. I got this bass with bad pickups, so I decided to mod it to fit in soapbars. This bass has all the vintage feel you could want, a players bass for sure. Little dings here and there, nice paint checking as well. The G string Tuner is slightly bent, but still works, and there is a chip out of the nut, but this also still functions properly. I believe all parts to be original except the pickups. I installed Nordstrand Big Splits!! This thing is everything you could want from a vintage bass, with the power of the Nordstrand pickups. Super quiet as well with the humbucking big splits. 34" scale, 1.5" nut, 19mm spacing, typical jazz standards.

Any questions please let me know. Thanks!!

15.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG 2.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 4.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. d180fuzz

d180fuzz C21H30O2

Jul 10, 2008
    West Los, CA
    Love these lawsuit instruments, and with those Nordy's, sheesh.

GLWTS!

3. This bass definitely has some mojo. Quality instrument, really taken to another level with the Nordstrand pickups.

4. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Feb 16, 2011
    South Carolina
    Sockness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper::hyper::hyper:

5. Price Includes Shipping CONUS!!

6. fruitlabor

fruitlabor Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Trade?

7. Wasn't really looking for trades right now but you can throw one by me.

8. Will ship in a gig bag as well.

9. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    This looks like an amazing bass!

10. It's pretty great. Just playing five strings only nowadays.

Thanks

emjazz likes this.
  11. Pictures of the case and bass.

DSC_0040.JPG DSC_0041.JPG DSC_0042.JPG

emjazz likes this.
  12. Also wanted to note how great the neck is on this. Super low action, very straight neck. Vintage small frets, plays very fast. I don't think you could get a better bass for the money. I just play 5 strings all the time now.

emjazz likes this.
  13. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    No reason that this should still be here...if I ever played my current 4 string at all I'd buy this for sure. Fabulous bass.

BassTank84 likes this.
  14. Thanks for the comment. It is a great vintage instrument that you can still take out to jam with and not worry if you get any extra dings in.

emjazz likes this.
  15. FunkySoulBro

FunkySoulBro

Apr 5, 2011
    I say konichiwa to funky jazz bass!

emjazz likes this.
  16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021