1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MATT FREEMAN and RANCID

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Kromwarp, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Kromwarp

Kromwarp

Sep 16, 2008
    Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Master Luthier: Ironclad Bass Guitars
    Saw a video of matt Freeman's extended Maxwell Murder bass solo. He hardly moved anything, except for his hands! How does he do it?:eek::confused::cool:

2. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    link? I have seen him play it live and it was pretty horrible.

3. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Am I missing something? Does this guy usually play using his feet...what else is he going to be moving?

4. southshoreconor

southshoreconor

Oct 30, 2007
    The Road
    Endorsing Artist: Fender Musical Instruments, SIT strings
    i think he means that matt stays relatively calm while playing the solo, which is the key to pulling that solo off.

i think this is the best quality video of the solo played live.

5. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i just dont like how it sounds man. i don't know, maybe im dumb.

6. Jazlikethat

Jazlikethat

Feb 25, 2008
    I can tell you how to play this solo: pick one string as fast as possible while fretting random notes. You will suddenly find yourself to be the greatest bass player in the world

7. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    never thught it translated too well live, but "and out come the wolves" is one of my favorite albums from the 90's, hands down. not a bad track on the whole disc.

8. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Matt has been great a long time. Pick up the Operation Ivy CD "Energy" and you will hear that he was ripping even way back then (1989).

My personal Rancid favorite is ...And Out Come The Wolves. Great basslines all over that CD. Journey To The End Of the East Bay has one of the best bass intros I've ever heard.