1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Matt Freeman Squier vs. MIM Fender p-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hoppus, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Hoppus

Hoppus

Apr 13, 2010
    England
    I've been playing a fender mim p bass for the past 3 years and its pretty good but recently i tried out a matt freeman squier in a guitar shop and was very impressed. The neck was awesome and the sound was great aswell (as good as my mim). So I'm very tempted to buy myself one but I'm broke and a student, so i'd have to sell the fender to get it. SO basically is it worth it? is the hardware on the squier the same quality as the mim? will it take as much abuse?

2. Well, the body of the MF is Basswood, so it will dent and chip probably way easier than your MIM. I'd swap out the body of the MIM and use it on the MF, but that's just my two cents

3. I would. I like the MF P much better than the MIM's.

4. arsie

arsie

Jan 19, 2011
    Singapore
    Just out of curiousity, why are you interested in the Matt Freeman P when you have an MIM P? The CV neck? The lighter body? The colour choice?

I quite like the Matt Freeman Squier P, but I find it a like-for-like swap from an MIM P.

5. RBX4

RBX4

Dec 21, 2010
    Miami, Florida
    I just bought the copper burst limited edition fender p to mod! Thinking bout returning it for this bass due to being a 77 replica. Damn it!

6. Hoppus

Hoppus

Apr 13, 2010
    England
    Yeah I'm interested because of the neck and the body. I've also heard on this forum somewhere that the overall quality is better than on alot of MIM P basses. It would be a like for like swap yes haha.