1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Matt Garrison's distortion(?) pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dyuaru, Jul 16, 2008.

1. dyuaru

dyuaru

Oct 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Been looking to get some new sounds and I really like the distorted sound that Matt uses a lot in his second album Shapeshifter. I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of pedal he used or what kind of pedal I could use to get a similar tone. Here's a vid:

2. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    There's a RAT pedal sitting on the floor.

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Defo a stock Proco Rat I've seen him use it live

4. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    That's still my favorite distortion.
    Is it the older RAT or the RAT 2, he's using? ( RAT 2 being the one with the light on the front if I'm not mistaken here).

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Just a bog standard modern rat you can buy from most music shops, it did have an LED but its not a Rat 2 it's just a modern one

6. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I see.
    I was under the impression that the LED was what identified the RaT 2 .
    The regular RAT is no longer being made i think. It's not on the Proco website anyways. :)

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021