Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Matt Garrison's Screen Time on Future DVDe2Future

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Jim T., Mar 6, 2003.

1. Does anyone know how much screen time bassist Matt Garrison gets on Herbie Hancock's Future2Future concert DVD? % or minutes wise? Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if I'm into the Hip Hop/preachy aspects of this concert/show but if Matt is VERY prominently featured I'd buy it. Thanks in advance. Jim

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I have no idea how many minutes Garrison gets...I do know the DVD is quite happenin'.
    (IMO, Garrison gets enough time to show his stuff; in fact, there's a portion of the DVD which showcases "the band". You merely click on "Matthew Garrison" & BAM...you hear/see Matt's solo).
    www.audiophileimports.com does have F2F for about $19.

The Hip-Hop aspects of this DVD...hmmmm, do you mean DJ Disk?
    If so, rest easy; that guy is a Musician & has it goin' on! I wish I were so lucky to be able to work with this kinda "percussionist"! ;)
    TLC's drumming is very solid; Garrison does the best 1/16th note/muted Jaco groove I've heard in a while(on "Dolphin Dance", I think).

Nice version of "Rockit", too.

3. Jim K,
    Thanks for the great review! I liked hearing the particulars. This DVD sounds tempting now. I'd love to be able to watch Matt's right hand in slo--mo!
    Thanks again.
    Jim T.

4. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    The DVD is very well produced. Matt gets quite a bit of screen time as well as a featured spot. You also have the multiple angle feature in some sections. It is worth it. Check ebay or pricegrabber.com

hope this helps

5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    You get a good view of Matt's right hand work..plus
    everything else he has going......monster player:bassist: One of the best DVD's I've bought this year:cool:

6. Thanks again guys. I'm on a fixed income and can't buy EVERYthing, so I appreciate the input. I'll be buying this one. Jim T.

7. Hey guys,
    Just wanted to let you know that I have indeed purchased Future2Future on your recommendations and have been enjoying it nightly for the past week.

I appreciate you all taking the time to respond. I was reticent originally due to the minimal screen time Jaco got on Joni's "Shadows and Light" Video but there's plenty of Matt here and I'm in 7th heaven!

Can't wait for his instructional DVD!

Thanks again, Jim T.