Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Matt Noveskey: one of the many undiscovered GODS of bass!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by josh_kaprun, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Hello everybody. I live in San Marcos, TX, which is just south of Austin and there's this local band called Blue October. I have loved these guys ever since I first heard them. They're this kind of really melodic rock band. A Lead Singer/Guitarist, another guitarist, a violinist, a drummer, and a bassist. And their bassist is absolutely amazing. Truely one of the undiscovered talents of the bass world. As well as being technically proficient and having great chops, he is VERY tasteful in his playing. If anyone out there is reading this, please go and either buy one of their two albums (The Answers and Consent to Treatment) or just go out and download thier stuff. Now, there's another also called Blue October that's some British band. Just make sure that you're getting the right band. But you all seriously have to check out this band. For a good testement to Matt's talent, listen to "James," "Holler," "Angel," "Do You Ever Wonder," "Schizophrenia," and "Amnesia". And "Independently Happy" is another song with a cool little bass line. You all owe it to yourselves to listen to these songs. And, as a side note, their voilinist is friggin' amazing.

2. biting_nails

biting_nails Guest

Sep 10, 2002
    queensland, australia
    you got a link?

3. i think this is the link
    http://www.blueoctober.com/

its odd though, in the bio section of the site it doesint even mention anything about a bass player, yet it talks about the guitar player, drummer, and violinist

4. Yea, that's their website. I had never been on there before. However, I just read on their website that their bass player left the band!!!

5. darlingnikki

darlingnikki

Oct 2, 2005
    just thought ya'll might be intrested that Matt Noveskey is back with blue october and they area currently on tour. to see tour dates go to www.blueoctoberfan.com or www.arguewithatree.com ...he is in my opionion the best musican on the planet!

6. ggoat!!!

ggoat!!! Banned

Apr 6, 2008
    Lousy-Anna
    I remember this guy had a cool tone with either a wah pedal or an envelope filter on their song "Razorblade" that I recorded off the radio while driving with my old trusty Sony in-dash minidisc recorder headunit...this must have been 2003. Always wondered whatever happened to them.